reunited/bad idea-♡

This was based off of a book series I wanted to write this time last year, but it was super emo so I ended it. It was sucky, but this reuniting scene always stuck with me... so here's a rewrite of it (and a little bit of waitress)

♡♡♡

The sun was setting over the abundance of trees in the distance. He checked the time on his phone again,

7:08 pm.

She told him that she would be there at 6:50... Contrary to his thoughts, the girl didn't lie or blow him off. She got to the orchard at 6:45 to be exact, but had been sitting in her car, debating whether or not to go in.

Evan started to walk back to his car, thinking that Zoe wouldn't show up. When Zoe saw this, she promptly jumped out of her car.

"Evan, hi..." she greeted, tugging on the sleeves of her yellow sweater.

"Oh my gosh, hi," he said, hugging the girl. He couldn't help but notice that there was less of her to hug, "I'm sorry, I didn't see you at all..."

"It's fine..." Evan noticed that Zoe looked paler than usual. She looked like she hadn't slept in weeks, months even, "What did you need to talk about?"

"Oh, um, nothinginparticularjustwantedto... see you, I guess?" Evan replied, regretting it, as soon as the words left his mouth.

"Yeah, I've been wanting to see you too..." a tiny smile came across the younger girl's lips, "It's been super different without you around."

"And is that better or worse?" Evan asked.

"I don't know about my parents. Definitely worse for me..."

"I find it so admirable that they didn't tell anyone... Thank you..."

"It's not like the whole world needed to know..." Zoe replied.

"They didn't have to do that..."

"Well, I mean, Dad was ticked, because he doesn't understand mental illness at all, but Mom was sympathetic. I sided with Mom, I guess..."

"You didn't  have to do that either..."

"Well, I love you so..." Zoe trailed off.

"What?" Evan asked.

"Nevermind, I shouldn't have said anything..." Zoe said, starting to use her fingernail to dig the dirt out of her other nails-something she did when she was nervous.

"No, I mean... I expected you to still hate me," Evan replied.

"I don't hate you, Evan..." Zoe said, taking a step closer to Evan, "I mean, to be honest, I don't know if I'll ever stop loving you..."

"Wow, um... you took the words... right out of my mouth..."

Zoe looked into Evans eyes. She wished her heart would stop racing and she wouldn't make a mistake. She knew that being here with him was a bad idea-a terrible idea really. She loved him, and he had done something bad to her family. She forgave him, of course, learning of his motives a short time later. She knew her family would disapprove.

But she needed a bad idea... just one...