ten years. prologue.

it's been ten years.

katya pov

I stood on the side, watching as Brian cane walking down the isle in his black suit with a smile plastered on his face. I looked down, i couldn't look him in the eye.

i stuck my hands in my pockets as they started reciting their vows. They had written their own and they were just babbling on about how much they love each other.

Chris had finished saying his and i jumped when Brian started talking, it was the change of voice is all.

"I will care for you and love you even when times are grey. I will look after you in sickness and in health. Since the day i met you i loved you. I promise to love you forever until the day i die, which is hopefully before you because i don't know what i'd do to myself if i lived to see you leave me."

My eyes watered. I'm upset for the wrong reasons. I should be teary because my best friend was getting married and i was happy for him but instead i'm teary because i wish he was getting married to me.

"I pronounce you man and man. You may now kiss." Everyone cheers and claps as the two newly weds lock lips, i clap slowly as i watch them do so too.

They let go, and turn to face everyone sitting watching them rather than facing each other.

Brian has a huge grin on his face.

Something on his chest shines as the sunlight hits it. It's my medallion. He kept it on.

There's still hope.