"And who is stuck in a wheelchair at the age of twenty-seven? Me!" He barked at her.

"Oh come on Tade! You can't blame all this on just that accident."

"It wasn't an accident. It was a sabotage! How does my company have an immediate financial crises and the same day, I have an accident that could have killed me?" He argued. "If you don't believe me, then you're just like the others that don't belong here."

Silence lingered in the air for a while, and then she walked past him and towards the entrance.

"You're leaving?" He asked. Although he was angry, he couldn't hide the disappointment laced in his tone.

"No." She rolled her eyes. "I need to call a cleaning company. This place needs the intervention of the holy Spirit."

He laughed, in spite of the tense moment that they just shared.

"Listen Mfon-."

"Abeg lets clean this place up first, then we can talk."

...

"Oh my God, it feels so good to be back, and away from terrorist groups." Mfon laughed, taking a forkful of her noodles.

After cleaning up the house, they made indomie, because that was the only thing Tade had that wasn't spoilt, expired or disgusting.

"I don't know why you decided to go and serve in Borno in the first place." Tade replied.

"I wanted a change. But now I'm back and done with the army. I'm starting a private investigator business. I have good prospects and references, plus, some of my guys in the army want to be part of my team." She gushed.

"That sounded exciting." Tade replied half-heartedly, trying not to sound jealous.

"Sorry." She placed her fork down. "I should be more focused on how to help you instead of going on and on about how great my life is going."

He felt a pang of guilt.

"No, you don't have to dampen your mood because I'm miserable. What else is new?" He replied.

Mfon had made him shave, and she brought a barber to 'cut down the forest on his head'.

"Nothing that matters. What happened to you Tade?"

"Everyone left." He shrugged.

"Even Olamide?"

"Abeg. She was the first one out of the door." He gave a bitter smile. "Sometimes I'm even happy that I was in a coma. Do you know how bad the debts were? You were in Kano then shay? The court had to make all the debts void when I showed no sign of waking up. God knows what would happen if I see any of my shareholders anywhere."

"I didn't know it was so bad. Why didn't you tell me?"

"You just got back from Kano, and you were excited about going to Borno for you 'heroic adventure', according to you." He said and she laughed. "I had just woken up from the coma, luckily with no loss of memory, just the loss of my legs. And I told the doctors to limit the information they gave you. Apparently, I'm very lucky, because the accident was meant to kill me."

"You idiot! I'm your best friend. You're supposed to let me help. Look at what you did to yourself. The only edible thing in your fridge was beer. And you're broke! Is that what you spent the little money you had on? Alcohol?" She scolded.

"Didn't know what else to do. It helps me forget." He shrugged. "Where are the beers any way?" He asked, wheeling himself towards the fridge.

"Trash."