"How did it go with meeting Jo's dad?" I asked, quite curious to know if her dad was the type to hog Jo, telling her boyfriend that she's "daddy's little girl" or if he's the cool, laid back dad.

"He welcomed me to the family. It turned out better than I expected knowing how fathers are about their daughters dating guys."

"I miss Dad and Mom," I sighed and began playing with the strings that hanged from the elastics of my sweat leggings. My chest tightened and my throat began to shrink as it felt like I couldn't breathe.

"You're not the only one."

"Tell me something about Mom." Aiden and I were on the way to my school now. With the heat generating through his truck and the radio playing in the background, it felt relaxing. I trailed my fingers down the window, chasing the trickling rain.

I wanted to know more about Mom for I was only six when she passed away.

"When she was in and out of the hospital, puking twenty-four/seven, barely eating, she still remained positive. Y'know, you remind me a lot of Mom. To me, you look like her. It's like you're her clone."

I tried spotting Baylor's Jeep. Among the cars parked everywhere in lot one, he could be in lot two or three. Once I reached the wing which my first class was on, I pulled out my phone.

Baylor: Are you at school yet?

Me: Yeah, where are you?

Baylor: I'm just pulling onto campus. Sorry I didn't pick you up.

Me: It's fine, nice spending a little time with Aiden.

Baylor: Meet me in the main hallway?

Me: Yeah, see you in a minute.

Baylor was leaning against one of the brick posts in the wide corridor. He was on his phone, his finger sliding vertically across the screen as different lighting crossed his face. He looked up and spotted me and fixed his stature, smiling. As I glanced at him with a mirrored grin, a weak expression took over his face. He pecked my lips.

"You look tired," I spoke up. We began walking slowly back to my class.

"Three hours of sleep is pure shit." And then I remember he said he would stay over until I was ready to go to bed. But while I was already in bed, I fell asleep with him lying wide awake, which made me feel sorry.

"When did you leave my place?" I asked. We trailed right beside each other, our arms brushing every now and then.

"Around four," he answered.

"Why so late?"

"Because I wanted to stay with you so you would get some sleep," he said. Just a few months ago when I first encountered him, I never thought he'd help me through this nightmare that occurred every night.

"Did you stay up all night?" I wondered.

"I dozed off here and there. But every time you moved, you woke me up and I stayed close by you so you wouldn't go through that last night."

"I'm sorry," I apologized. "I'm trying to get over this. I don't know why it keeps replaying in my mind over and over again."

"Don't apologize. Three hours of sleep is better than nothing."

***

BAYLOR

"Why her? She's a nobody. That must be embarrassing. I mean, you're all about sex and popularity, and from what I know, she's the complete opposite of you," she paused, sighed, and continued. "I just don't see how you two are going to work out."