Part 10

It's Friday today and I promised Kristina for a movie after dinner. She was quite excited to spend time off of our school together. I took her to her favorite diner close to the mall. It was a cosy Italian restaurant that served her favorite pasta.

She was chatting happily with our hands intertwined when I sensed a familiar scent nearby. I looked around and spotted two figures going to the same diner. They were about 100 feet ahead of us and I only spotted them because of my sight.

Marissa?

I saw the guy next to her talking animatedly trying his best to impressed her. Or so I guess. That somehow got me tensed for no reason. A low growl erupted in me without me realising it. I saw her perked up and looked behind her at us. Our eyes met.

"Logan baby, are you okay?" Kristina had her palm to my cheek effectively taking me back to my present state.

I turned to look at her and smiled.

"Yes, I'm okay."

I looked up ahead seeing that Marissa had pulled the guy away from the diner. Seeing her holding his hand disturbed me deeply. It's been two weeks I tried to avoid her. Though she had been constantly on my mind. I thought I can get her off of my head but it seems all my attempt were in vain.

"Well let's hurry up. I'm starving." She grins at me. I only replied with a nod and a smile.

I watched as Marissa walked away with the guy from my football team.

What is Brett doing with Marissa?

Marissa POV

I agreed for a dining with Brett at this Italian restaurant I heard to be nice. Going out may help get my head off from thinking about Logan. Goddess, I miss her so much.

"Can you believe it? He ate all the jalapeños as a dare. All twenty of it. That guy's a crazed." I tuned out of whatever Brett was chatting on as I sensed a very familiar scent near me.

"Mate." Kimbee whimpers.

I turned behind to see that pair of greyish brown eyes looking directly at me. Our eyes met and a thud erupts from my heart. Two weeks and she still have that overwhelming effect towards me.

I noticed an arm touching her cheek. Looking where the arm was from, I see her human companion looking at her with concerned. They looked at each other lovingly and it somehow hurts me deeply.

I can't take this.

I pulled Brett away from the diner. I need to get away from here. From this scene, from Logan being blind and from seeing them together.

"What happened?" Brett questioned me puzzled.

"I changed my mind." I answered him shortly.

He just shrugged letting me lead the way.

*

After dinner, I decided to walk back myself as I don't feel like having any company with me. I know where our mansion was therefore I know I can get there myself. There was some distance to it and some part of it was connected to some woods.

I welcomed the silence as I walked through the woods. It was a peaceful distraction from the storm raging inside my head. I never knew having a mate would be so hard and could hurt like this. Seeing how happy and loving mom and dad were, I never knew that all their stories before they were finally together were such a heartache. Now I know how it feels to be away from your mate. The sudden pain, the longing, the heartache. I don't know how long I can stand with this pain. Blurry view made me realized that I had shed tears that I was unaware of. Inhaling deeply, I tried to composed myself. That's when I realized I am not alone.