36

A few days later...

An injury caused Tanahashi to vacate the IWGP Intercontinental Championship. The committee decided to have an  man tournament. The contenders were needed in brackets by luck of the draw. The drawing went as such.

1. Jay White
2. Zack Sabre Jr.
3. Michael Elgin
4. Michael Maverick

The tournament started with Sabre vs Elgin. It was a hard hitting match. They went back and fourth in a battle. After 17 minutes, Elgin tapped to a dragon sleeper to advance.

As their match went on, Michael facetimed Janelly.

"Hey Baddgirl? I know its 3am. How are you?"

"You remember the name of my third mix tape! You are a special man I tell you. Im fine. Except Ive been throwing up since you left. I thought is was me eating spring rolls so late. But its still happening."

"You.....don't think......maybe...."

"Boy hell no! Well...mom is coming up here tomorrow. Shes going to see the doctor with me. Im getting everything checked up. You got Sabre in the finals."

"Yeah. This is feeling like the day of the
CCW sweet 16. I was gonna win that tournament..."

"Baby...this isnt the time to dwell. You did a lot to get to this point to be considered top four for this title. Just being it home to mama. Okay? In gonna get some more ice water. Ill call you back."

They both end the call. "Too sweet. One love."

Its now time for the next match. Jay White vs Big Money Maverick.

Michael's music hits and it was on. He walks down the ramp to his theme song wearing his Money Club shirt. This is his moment. A chance to hold one of the prestigious titles in wrestling, represent the culture in the biggest company and the biggest stables in wrestling.

"Its my time."

The streamers flew as he stepped in the ring. He took off his custom vest with $100 bills hanging on it. He's focused. Its time to work.

Jay White came to the ring and instantly attacked him! The crowd didnt like that as the boos were loud. But Big Money fought back.

This wasnt a tradional march. It was a fight. The kind of match Michael wasnt afraid of. After 15 minutes of back and fourth punches, kicks, chops, slaps, and a double powerbomb....

"Your winner and advancing to the final round. Big Money Maverick!"

Bruised up, Michael makes it to the back for his post match  interview.

"That was a fight. Im used to it. I fight for titles like I fight for my woman. If I gotta fight every night to prove Im a champion then so be it. It puts money in my bank account and money in my denim. I spend that money on my baby Janelly Badd. After I finish with Zack Sabre.....the title, money, and this sexy body will be in the bed with you again."

"Thats right! Mama will be waiting." Said Janelly before grabbing her bucket.

It was time for the finals. Big Money made it back to the ring and was attacked by both Jay and Zack. The crowd booed loudly. Janelly was screaming at the tv.

"You two bitches can't do that!"

It was almost like Michael heard her because he fought back immediately. He hit Jay with a DDT in time for Tama Tonga to cone out and drag him off leaving it as one on one. Zack vs Money.

Zack countered every move with a submission. No matter how much power and effort Michael put forth in this match, there was a reversal or a counter. Michael would not give up.

The match went back and forth for over twenty minutes. Zack went for a dragon sleeper. Michael felt the match slipping away until he fell back and somehow had Zack's shoulders on the mat while locking his feet.

"One, two, three! Your winner and New IWGP Intercontinental Champion....
Michael "Big Money" Maverick!"

Janelly screamed at the screen. "Yes baby!!!!!!!!"

Michael climbed the turnbuckle and raised the title high as the streamers flew again.

Michael made it backstage to a champagne shower and a post match promo.

"This was a dream of mine for years. Mama! You see this! Ill be in New Japan for a while now. So you know what that means Janelly,
I'll see you back home soon."

...In the morning with Janelly....

Janelly's POV

Thank goodness my I was able to hold down breakfast mommy cooked. I finally ready to see the doctors. Mrs. Rivers and Xia met me there at the office.

I checked in we sat there having girl talk about the wedding. Its almost here and besides this sickly feeling I have now, there's a weird vibe Im getting again. Just like three years ago.

"Yall I'm getting that vibe again...." Janelly says trying not to cry.

Ms. Rose comforts her daughter with a smile on her face. "Dont be afraid. Everything will pan out. Things are different now."

"Thats right. You have a wedding to worry about. Youre gonna be breathtaking, and beautiful and feel all kinds of feelings. You got this girl." Xia said rubbing her friends hands.

"My son...your future husband and me and Monty....we are family. Its always been like that." said Mrs. Rivers.

"I know y'all. Lets just get past this part and see whats going on. Because that test was untrustworthy."

"Janelly Gordon" the doctor called out from the door. She hugged everyone and went to the back.

........Flashback.......

"Girl..........." Xia said as she handed her a pregnancy test.

"I dont see how its possible. I have an IUD."

"I can't call it either but from what you been telling me, he's been trying to push past your birth control and shooting like a Warriors game."

They laughed as Janelly too the test. There were two tests taken.
One read negative and the other positive.

"Okay this is weird as fuck. Im gonna set up an appointment and get an official result."

End of Flashback

Janelly came out of the back feeling relieved and emotional. After shaking the doctors hand, she ran to her mother and started crying. Mrs. Rivers and Xia stood up and went over to Janelly.

"Ladies.......looks like I won't be the only new Rivers in the family..."

Missphoenixlove DickGawdReignsNoChokeGawd
Tracy_Baby Fanfic