My Nightmare

(Alice's POV)

I was about to grab the baby girl, when a powerful force hit me from the side. My body hit the hard stone wall. I looked up slowly, feeling so weak. He approached me with a smile.

"I've been waiting for this day," James said as he approached me.

"Isn't it strange to look forward to your death?" I asked as I attempted to stand up.

He kicked me hard in the abdomen, knocking the wind out of me.

"The only one dying here today is you, Alice," He said as he gripped me up by my hair.

Behind him I could see my friends and parents. They were fighting with Sophia,Kane, and what remained of their army. Sophia and two other vampires were fighting against Ceciellia, Salena, and the other three witches. Tate, Alex, and Damon were fighting Kane and a couple other hybrids.

Anna and Rain were fighting against three demons. Luna and Caleb were both in wolf form, fighting off three Lycans, which are a vampire and wolf hybrid. The Immortals were surrounded by the other hybrids Kane had made.

We were outnumbered. This was it. This was the end. My eyes met James's. He had this cruel smile on his face, his fangs bearing. My claws were buried in his arms, but it seemed to not phase him. His hands gripped my throat. I couldn't breath.

"Alice," I could hear someone yelling my name.

I was too weak to look to see who it was. In that moment, I could feel my body giving up. I had failed to reach my full power. All my hopes had gone down the drain. My eyes fell onto the baby girl laying on the bed. Above the bed I could see Tara and Emrick's names carved in the wall. That was the last thing I seen before my vision went fuzzy.

I continued to hear my name being called, as I faded into a black abyss. My body felt as if it were falling. Falling endlessly. I could see a light in the distance. Slowly my body pulled towards it. Once my body hit the light, I could finally breath.

I sat up in Tate's bed gasping for air. My vision finally returned. Tate was still naked, sitting in front of me. He was cupping my face. I could feel the steamy tears dripping down my face.

"Alice," He said in a concerned tone.

I couldn't find the words I wanted to say. There was a bubble caught in my throat.

"You were screaming and floating in the air. What happened?" He asked confused.

I shook my head, no words came out. He held me in his arms, and I just cried. If I had every ability and they were coming through, I really hope that was a vision of the future. It was either that, or Sophia was playing tricks with my head. I hated that she had that bond with me.

He ran his fingers through my hair, as he kissed my forehead. I felt so safe in his arms, yet so weak. There was a knock on the door. I looked at Tate, who nodded his head.

He handed me one of his shirts and I threw on my undies. He got dressed in a white shirt and jeans. I admired him. Even though he had changed so much since the 5 years that had passed, I still seen the man I loved when I looked at him.

He opened the door, to see Ali standing at the door. She had a smile on her face and a tray of food and two glasses. A large stack of pancakes, along with a cup filled with blood as well as a glass of milk. After Tate took the tray from her, we followed her out to the living room, where everyone was sitting and eating their breakfast. The aroma of blood filled my nostrils. It was strong.

"Someone really needs to feed," Anna said as she looked at me.

It wasn't until I looked in the mirror, that I'd noticed I was in my vampire form. My red hair flowing over the white shirt really made it stand out even more.