As Light As Air

(Alice's POV)

When I finally got a moment with Tate by myself, and Anna and Alex took the babies, I decided to get some answers.

"When?" I asked.

"Alice..." He said as he reached out for me.

"No, I need to know," I said as I took a step back.

"It's hard to explain, Alice," He said as he sat down on his bed.

I sat next to him, and put my hand on his face.

"I'm all ears," I said while nodding.

He took a deep unsteady breath.

"I was looking for you," He said.

"This happened because of me?" I asked as I moved away.

"It's not your fault. It was one of Kane's men. I was attacked, and I didnt die..." He said as he looked down.

"Tate... I'm so sorry," I said as tears formed in my eyes.

"Don't say sorry. This is not your fault," He said as he grabbed my hands.

"If it wasnt for me, this would've never happened," I said as I shook my head.

He squeezed my hands gently, and I looked up into his green eyes. Or at least they seemed to be green, but they had changed as well. They were now green with golden flakes. Almost a hazel color, but the gold glowed in a way.

"This doesn't change anything. I still love you," He said.

I pushed him down on the bed, and climbed on top of him. Kissing him on the lips gently. It felt so good to finally have his lips against mine again. He then flipped me over, and began to kiss my neck, before staring into my eyes. I pulled him back into a kiss. It felt right at first, but then it wasn't. He was no longer kissing me back.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I sat up.

"It's not you..." He said as he touched my hand.

Just then I froze, as if I was having a vision like Ceciellia or Sophia. I seen everything through his eyes. The hotel, the phone, the girl, the blood, the sex... All of a sudden I couldn't breath. I clenched my chest. The way my chest burned, made me want to scream. It hurt extremely bad. I had my eyes open, but all I could see was the girl laying in the bed next to him. Dead.

Once I could finally see everything again with my own eyes, I seen Anna looking down at me. She was holding something up to my mouth. I could feel the warm liquid soothing my throat. The pain in my chest slowly faded.

"What's happening?" I asked.

Anna only hushed me, and continued to feed me. I felt my eyes getting heavy. I'm so weak, but why?

"Anna something is wrong. I can feel it," I said as my vision began to blur.

The house began to shake, causing me to clench the bed sides, and close my eyes. I only opened them, when Alex busted through the door, with Tate following behind him.

"We need to go! Now!" Alex said in a panicked voice.

"What's going on? Can't it wait? She's too weak," Anna said as she helped me sit up.

"No, there's no time! They're here," He said.

My heart began to race, and my adrenaline was rushing. I was shaking, and felt extremely cold.

"Allliicceee," A voice whispered in my head.

"No! Get out of my head!" I screamed as I covered my ears.