There's Someone Here

(Alice's POV)

I don't know when or how I fell asleep, but when I opened my eyes, I looked around. It was night time. The babies were asleep in my arms, and the girl with her little boy were gone. I began to panic.

"Hey, what happened to that girl with the baby boy?" I asked the old lady who had been on the bus longer than I had been.

"Today is the 6th year anniversary of their death. They died on this bus, when the bus was hit, and it rolled. The buss was fixed and cleaned, but the hearts of those who had lost their loved ones in the tragedy were still broken. Although, that girl and her babies fate, was a lot better than where she came from," she said.

"No that can't be. I just talked to her," I said.

The old lady smiled.

"I seen her too. Her and her little boy were quite beautiful angels weren't they?" She said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"It's a gift dear. A very special gift to have. To be able to talk to someone who isn't there. The dead," She said.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"A friend," She said.

"Where are we at?" I asked her.

"Close to our destination," She said.

"Our destination?" I asked.

"Everything is fine, Alice," She said to me.

I sat quietly in my seat, and looked down at the babies. The features of their faces, held so many qualities of Claire. At the time I couldn't understand, but I do now. I had died, and came back. Sophia had saved me. That place I was at was the in between. It was the only reason that made sense, as to why I can see them now.

The shadows that helped me. Could that have been... my mother? Why couldn't I see her? Maybe she didn't want to see me. Or maybe it was something else. So many questions that I wanted to ask Ceciellia.

Just then I started to think of him. Tate... my love. Will he still love me? Is he still looking for me? What about Anna and Alex? Are they still together? I can't wait to get home. I'm never leaving again.

I looked out the window. We passed a sign that read Pennsylvania, which meant home is close. I smiled to myself. It felt so right, but yet so wrong. I'm just worried about Kane finding me. I don't want to put everyone in danger.

I closed my eyes again, to take me to my dreamland. A place where my mind sleeps. A place where I won't have second thoughts on not going home. A place where their is no worries.

(Anna's POV)

I woke up in the morning, and stretched after sitting up in a bed that wasn't my own. After my eyes adjusted to the morning light, I looked around. Only to find that Ali was gone. That's when I smelled pancakes, Ali's favorite breakfast food.

Its been a long three days, but I can't sleep my life away. After putting on clean clothes, I left the spare room. As I walked towards the alluring sweet aroma, I was led into the kitchen, where I was welcomed with smiles and a hug from Ali.

"How long have you all been awake?" I asked.

"About an hour," Rain said.

"Ceciellia?" I asked as I looked on the table.

"Yes?" She said.

"Why is your...umm... book on the table?" I asked.

After all these years of keeping the supernatural life a secret from Ali, I wasn't ready for her to know.

"Anna, there is something we should talk about," Rain said.

"If it's anything about you know what, I'm not talking about it with Ali right here," I said as I looked at my little girl.

She had just finished her pancake, and was now drinking her special drink.

"Ali, will you do me a favor and keep an eye out for customers down stairs?" Ceciellia asked her.

Ali looked at Ceciellia, with a smile and nodded. I waited for Ali to go downstairs, before I said anything.

"Well, what is this all about?" I asked as she poured some wine and blood into a glass.

"You're going to need a drink before you hear this," Ceciellia said as she handed me the glass.

I drank it slowly, while waiting for her to talk. My eyes met Rain's, and I offered Rain a drink, but she turned it down. So, I finished it, and Ceciellia poured me another one.

"So, I wanted to talk to you about the night the guys left," Rain said.

"What happened that night?" I asked as I folded my arms.

"Did you have a strange dream before dinner?" She asked me.

I nodded as I raised an eyebrow.

"It was because of Ali. I don't know what you seen, but I know what I seen. Ali had her arms stretched out towards you, and you were floating. When she left the room, you floated back down. It was strange and beautiful," She said.

"That's not possible. She doesn't know anything about this life," I said.

"She knows a lot more than you think. She could be..." Ceciellia said but stopped.

"What? What Ceciellia? What could she be?" I asked.

"The next Pure One," She said.

"I knew she was part banshee and vampire, but I never thought she could be... so she can be changed?" I asked.

"Yes, but you know theres only one way to cure her," Ceciellia said.

"Yes, through a newborn..." I couldn't even finish my sentence.

I couldn't think of my 5 year old having to share a blood bond with someone. She is my baby.

"I'm sorry, I don't make up the rules," Ceciellia said.

"Yes, I know this," I said.

"Do you want another drink?" Ceciellia asked.

"I'm going to check on Ali, but when I come up I'll gladly take that drink" I said.

I went down the stairs, and into the library. It was quiet, too quiet. I looked around the desks, and even went to the children's section. She was nowhere to be found.

"Ali!" I yelled.

"Mommyyyy..." Ali's voice echoed in my head.

"Where are you baby? You're scaring mommy," I said.

"I'm outside," She said.

"Why are you outside?" I asked as I walked quickly to the front of the library.

"There's someone here mommy," She said.

I ran outside, and the sight I seen before me, caused me to fall to my knees.

(Pic is of Ceciellia)