Prologue

"Dymphna, take Adonis away from here. The rogues have already crossed the border. Take him to the full moon pack, hurry! " Alpha Cole pleaded.

His pack was under attack and as the alpha, he had to stay back and fight.

"I can't leave you behind, I'm the Luna of this pack. Let me join you. "
"You can't, you have to get our son to safety." he said referring to their twelve year old son standing at the door of the pack house with the catapult he got him round his neck .
He knew he was being selfish by sending them away to safety, but he had a really bad feeling about the attack.

"Please, just get him out of here." He knew convincing his stubborn wife won't be easy.
Must be the Luna thing  he thought.
"Dad, why won't you come with us? " his confused son asked.
He stooped to reach his level.
" Son, I have to stay and help them fight as their leader. A leader never abandons his people. Now you have to go so that you can live to become a leader too. When you get older you will understand, alright? "
He nodded.

"Alpha! they are too many, We are outnumbered. We need your help. " his beta mind-linked him.
"You have to go, things are getting worse "
"Okay. Please stay safe " Dymphna answered with tears running down her cheeks.
"I'll try "he assured before they shared a last long kiss.
"Good luck" she said leaving with her son and a cape over her shoulders.
With one last look at them, he shifted, ripping his clothes, to his gigantic, brown wolf and headed towards the border.

Dymphna took her son to the border of the full moon pack and knelt in front of him, held his hands in hers and cried . 
"Mom,  stop crying. Dad will be back for us "
"It's not that, I really hope that you forgive me for what I'm about to do" She quickly wiped her tears.
"What's that? "
"I have to go back and fight with your dad. They need my help " she said nervously.
"You wanna help dad?" he asked, his deep blue eyes lighting up.
"Yes, he might need my help. " she answered with a glimmer of hope.
"Do I get to come too? "
"No, you can't. Wait for us. We will come back for you "
"Why don't we get help from this pack? "
"There is no time for that, just wait for us. We'll be back "
"Promise? "
"I promise "
"Hurry and go then, I will wait for you "
"Thank you. I love you so much! Never forget that "
He nodded.
She gave him a tight hug with a heavy heart. She too had a bad feeling about the attack.

"Can't breathe "
She released him.
"Sorry " she said smiling.
She quickly pecked his cheek and squeezed his hands.
"See you soon "he said and she disappeared into the darkness.

******************************

Hey guys.
This is my first novel.

Hope you enjoyed the prologue.
What do you think?
Will his mom come back as promised?
Will his survive?
Dunno too. Let's find out.
Don't forget to vote and comment.
Constructive criticism is allowed.
Help me discover my mistakes, there may be lots of them.
😍 you all
Ella.