Chapter 45

--= Mark's + POV =-- 

He's been quiet for a long while, ever since we left Felix's house and went to ours, he opened the door slumped onto the couch and sank down onto it processing everything that happened. Worry gnawing at me since this would be the third hour he's just been sitting there processing, I made my way over to him and his eyes snapped up to look at me. Opening his mouth to say something I instantly shut him down knowing what he was going to say.

"Mark-"

"No." 

"But-"

"No!"

"Mark!"

"NO!" 

"MARK!" He stood up from the couch and stormed right up to me, his eyes narrowing as he grabbed my collar pushing me closer. Pushing him off, I let out a growl as I backed away from him, anger pulsing through me.

"I SAID NO!"

"Look I may not have gotten hostile with Felix but I might! These can only get worse we have to think of a way to protect you guys and dammit I'm not going to hurt someone I love again just because you won't get your head out of your ass!"

"No, you're the one who has to listen, alright, I know everything, I went to go see the asylum and I know exactly what's going on. They gave me advice I know what I'm doing, we'll get through it together." Jack's eyes widening for a split second, it quickly shifted back into anger as he regained his composure.

"You're not listening!"

"I don't have to!" Turning around ready to storm off, he quickly grabbed me by the shoulder and turned me back around.

"Mark, stop!" Jack struggling to keep me facing him, the heat bubbling through my entire body I raised my arm and felt my fist connect with his face. 

"GET OFF OF ME!" Jack staggered backwards and ended up slamming into the coffee table, he was facing a certain way so his eye smashed into the coffee table and I could hear a sickening squish as he stood there for a second.

Silence filling the room, my face softened as he pushed himself off of the coffee table slowly and his head hung low, carefully raising his head to glare at me, one of his eyes stared straight  through me while the other was spilling blood and oozing down his face.

"........"

"...Jack, I-" Reaching a hand out towards Jack, my heart twisting with regret his hand raised instantly and slapped mine away from him, the anger seething off of him.

"Shut. Up. And let me speak." 

"......"

".....How much did they tell you about my file?"

"Why you're acting out." I answered. Nervous to say other than the direct answer, he nodded, wiping away the stream of blood pouring out of his eye but it only came back close to instantly.

"Did they tell you anything else?" Jack questioned. Shaking my head as I answered,  he hummed and looked around the room, trying to search for more questions.

"No."

"Background?"

"Nothing, Jack I swear I know nothing else but what I have to." This caused his face to contort, but I couldn't tell whether it was from the answer I gave or the fact that his eye was bleeding. I wanted to help him try and heal it, but right now I don't think it'd be a good idea.

"......Dammit." He growled. Looking up at him to see annoyance spread across his face, opening my mouth about to speak up, his eyes snapped towards me and narrowed.

"Shut your mouth.... And sit down, we need to talk."

"....Jack."

"I said shush!" Hurriedly seating my ass down on the couch, Jack stared at me for a couple of seconds, hesitant, before he turned the other way and a small smile came to his face.

"....You really shouldn't have taken me out of the asylum, you probably wouldn't have either if you knew what happened. These have been happening to me ever since I was little. Ever since... Something happened. My family, they.... didn't make it, to say the least."

"Jack..." Trying to stand up and go over to give him a hug, he shot me a look and I instantly sat back down, fear hammering away at my heart for a split second.

"I'm not finished." Waiting to make sure I wouldn't try getting up again, he sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose as he continued.

"A...An attack was aimed towards my house, an assassination, for me, they wanted to get rid of me before I got older. Guess they has a reason...Normally people don't kill god damn kids. Anyways, they struck, but they got the wrong kid. My sister, she's the one who was killed instead of me. Parents, siblings, everyone. They were all wiped out. 

Woke up in the morning smelled something awful, went to go see my parents thinking the dog took a shit in my room since it couldn't wait till morning and... Well, there you go. My uncle took me in, brought my dog with me, the dog died. Got ran over, my uncle beat me. Saying I was useless. Used to call me something like Guiness Boy.." Jack had a dry smile on when he said the nickname, but I stayed silent knowing he'd probably shun me if I spoke up.

"One thing lead to another, and I killed my Uncle! My aunt came home, I was going to kill her, but I couldn't fucking do it... I killed my cousins though. One by one dead by me or by something else I was left entirely alone... Except for one sibling."

"Sam..." I trailed off. Jack pursing his lips grimly, he continued talking.

"He's the one who got me jailed. Yup, held himself at gunpoint saying he'd kill himself if I didn't turn myself in....Stupid fucking bastard. Apparently, children don't know that flinching when your fingers on the trigger means shooting! Yeah, wasn't that a fun one huh?" Jack was smiling now, but it definitely wasn't a happy smile.

"Hey, don't look at me like that, you're the one who fucking went through my file, right? Deserve to know if you're sneaking around behind my back anyways." His voice went almost glitch like when he said it, it caused the hairs on the back of my neck to stand up as he looked over me. Realising I wasn't going to say anything, he huffed.

"Jeez Mark, do you even know why I'm fucking telling you this?" Opening my mouth to speak, slowly, I waited until he tried shooting me down but when I realised he was glancing at me expectantly I answered.

"...I don't know."

"Because, I can't afford to lose anybody else!" His eyes flashed green as he said it, but they were gone as soon as they came and instead it left Jack, standing his ground, anger flaring through his eyes and tear streams came down his cheeks, one water, and the other blood.

Not knowing what to say, I stood up and pulled him into a hug. Struggling to get out of my grip for a while, when he realised I wasn't going to let go he went limp in my arms. Sighing, trying not to cry myself I buried my face into his neck just hugging him as best I could. My eyes going teary, guilt and regret piling up onto me it all fell into a tear when I felt his hands slowly wrap around my back softly and he whispered something to me.

"I love you..."

====================================================

MMMMMMMM Lore ;-; And sadness, bittersweet. Poor Jackie baby he just doesn't want anyone else getting killed.

Anyways, that was my update, if you liked it awesome, and if not, I'm sorry :( I didn't have time to go over it again and I wanted to update so, sorry if this one was shitty. <3