Chapter 25

The other chapter earlier today was short, and I didn't find it filling enough. So here is another chapter, with more words, in third person. Hooray :D
======================================================

--= Third Person's + POV =--

Mark depended on the steady hold of the lamp post to keep him from tumbling to the ground. It's been less than two hours, and he's already spoken trash about all his friends and insecurities that haunted him. Especially the fears that came along side him being around Jack so much.

 Wade, Bob, and a few others who Mark forgot the names of all nodded and shared their own stories either not caring or not wanting to feel left out. By this point it didn't matter to any of them, everyone at parties knew their routine. Stay away from the crowd and get drunk within a matter of seconds. 

Anyone who was a lightweight would usually join in the crowd of so called 'nerds' and have their own mini party outside by the deserted entrance. Mark at this moment of time had completely erased Jack from his memories and only remembered him as a slight nuisance that somehow disappeared from his view but he couldn't put his finger on it as to how it happened.

 Everything passed so quickly, the last he remembered was walking down the sidewalk barely even recognising Jack's nerve wrecked presence. Frankly, Mark couldn't have cared less in that moment, even if he DID remember the contract and papers he had signed saying he should be armed and around Jack at all times keeping a close eye on him.

 How could he when he could barely take care of himself in a state like this? Mark didn't find it fair, and judging by the bitching he was doing and receiving disappointed glares in the statements, his friends weren't very amused either. Though inside the house, was where things were starting to get crazy. 

Someone finally got to the climax of the party, and began to crank up the music as he ran around yelling like a lunatic and smashing chairs. Of course, anyone who was not dead could clearly see and already tell even if it was there first time at one of Cry's parties this was none other than Felix who had been taking shots ever since the first hour was over. 

He wanted to give some people a little peace before hell was broken loose by the keys of alcohol which unlocked chains from humanity and standards. Needless to say, Cry had bought barrels in advance as he does with every party because those are what Felix goes after first before the rest of the household.

A drunk raging Swedish was nothing new to the best friend. Who, speaking of which, sat beside Jack with the happiest smile he's ever had placed on top his lips and Jack, who seemed just as content, was sitting beside him, their shoulders and arms touching comfortably. Neither was cuddling, it was more of huddling together in a sitting position.

Ken, one of the friends of Felix and Cry, had called out something along the lines of 'Drinking...Dawn....Forever..' more than likely a cheer to continue with their rebellious stages and drown their sorry lives in alcohol. When the chant had lifted itself throughout the room, a chuckle emmited from Cry's lips and a smile could be found beaming on Jack's lips.

He seemed hesitant at first, but before he knew it a bottle was in his hand and he began to drink as well. He might as well since everyone else was doing it. Cry not seeming phased by the sudden action or choice, he shrugged and grabbed a bottle as well, making sure it was the same brand before he went to sit back down.

It truly was the best party, according to him he had ever planned, and he owed it all to Felix. If not for him, he wouldn't have met Jack. And if he hadn't met Jack, well, a life without love certainly is a harsh one? No, even if Jack didn't have the same feelings Cry would enjoy his up to the fullest.

Nothing ever truly lasts, so the best thing to do is cherish it and keep it locked up and safe in your memories forever. To look back on when times are sad. Of course, this is just what Cry's beliefs are. He does not expect everyone to follow him as if he were the leader, Cry himself thinks that he is more of a side character. 

Nothing more, nothing less. Just how he prefers it, the average choice. So he hosts these parties to stay inside the stories and lives of people he loves and grows to know over time, but also in hopes of finding something new. Someone new. Some sort of emotion. And he did! He found it.

He had found Jack. A spark in the darkness. An emotion in the emptiness. A heart of gold in the snow. A man who can help get rid of this mask on his face. Cry's mind was set now, he knew how he felt and there was no denying it, turning to talk to Jack, his heart squeezed his chest causing him to stop before he had even started.

Adrenaline coursed inside of his veins rapidly, urging him to run, but instead of giving in to the sudden panic he looked up from his mask to see Jack gazing at him with a worried look and a sympathetic smile. The tension melted away. The fear melted away. The panic melted away and the hesitance melted away.

In one swift motion, the mask had been ripped off of his face, the bottle he held clutched tightly in his grasp and his lips connected with Jack's as the roaring sounds of the crowd faded out from their ears. Nothing felt better to Cry. Excitement tingled in every single cell inside of his lips, all the way from his neurons to his heart which pounded overwhelmed.

It definitely wasn't a make out. It wasn't those sloppy kisses that you see on the screen, this was much sweeter and shorter. Their lips stayed together for two seconds and as soon as he had pulled away, he saw Jack's eyes light up as they were blue.

As blue as the ocean and more.

Irish.