Chapter 6

"I would like you to tell me why you are asking this poor low minded child personal questions such as these. This is a project, not an interview." Miss puffed her chest out as usual when she tries to take control. Rolling my eyes to annoy her, a grin popped onto my lips to see it was clearly working due to the warning look she shot in my direction.

"Technically, it is if we're getting to know them." Peeking an eye up to the women who had her hands wrapped firmly around each side of the desk which were my left and right, she laughed ever so slightly before leaning in. Annoyance and anger flickering through her expressions thoroughly.

"But I told you not to pick that one!" Fingers balling into a fist at the rudeness of the women bestowed upon me, I furrowed my eyebrows as she glared at me up on her throne. I'd stick a pencil sharpener up her ass if I didn't need to pass.

I wasn't wrong.
Jack is the only one I would pick in the entire asylum. It's like saying you can't hang out with your best friend.

Because he has weird hair.

......Shit he does have weird hair!

"Why not?" Seeing something twitch inside of the woman that looked just about ready to snap at me, she pulled back a small bit trying to crawl back onto her pedestal of what society likes to call a fake asshole.

"He wasn't assigned there he belongs to the government. He's the only one of his kind who was sent there." One of his kind?! Is she serious right now?! Confusion swirling through my entire body ticked and flared with annoyance, I stood from my seat now wanting to hear anymore of this bullshit about Jack.

"You make him sound like he isn't even a human!" I spat out. Eyes narrowed at the teacher who managed to stumble to her feet and semi gain back her posture, she glanced back at me warily, her voice quiet when she spoke thinking it would make her have a higher chance of being believed in.

It didn't work.

"He's different. Mark."

"Not to me he isn't....." Managing to pull together sentences started to become more of a struggle the more the teacher persisted. Forcing me to believe he wasn't the right choice I snapped my eyes shut and tried to tune her out as doubts started to swirl inside of my head.

"Mark, this won't get you extra points." Glancing at her from the side, I dropped my hands pressed onto my head and grasped onto the table tightly so my knuckles were pure white. I really need someone to restrain me if this goes on any longer.

"How many times do I have to TELL YOU THIS STUPID WOMAN!!! I'M NOT DOING IT FOR MARKS! I MEAN I AM BUT I LIKE HIM! I ENJOY DOING IT." She looked just about ready to sock me in the face. I could see it shining oh so longingly in her eyes as she bit her lip trying to suppress a scream.

"Mark."

"Miss." I growled out.

"Stop this right now. You're being entirely childish. Do you know how dangerous that CHILD is Mark? He acts like everything's a game and if he is from the government which he IS.... He most likely hurt a lot of people Mark. So get it through your B minus mind and man up, you need to know when things are worth it and the situations you put yourself in. Especially things like these because if nobody was around him, not the guards not the bars just you and him. He wouldn't hesitate."

"If he was that bad he would be shipped somewhere more serious!" I countered. Miss not seeming to realize I had spoken at all, she took the sentence into account after a minute and scoffed as she glared down at me. She must hate me so much right now.... Cause I know I do.

"Or someplace his allies couldn't find him. Now. Either you stop talking to this man or I shall fail you and make you restart the year. Jack is not somebody I ever gave permission to write to." Ending the conversation there, Miss waved me off in dismissal and strolled back exhaustedly to her desk where she plopped herself down and watched me go. Satisfied that she got the last word in and the power she had.

Gently tugging Jack's letter out of my pocket and cleaning it up a bit with a careful brush of the side of my hand, I grinned slightly to see Sam cutely sleeping in one of his drawings. I think I'm going to go and visit Jack today.

If I can't write to him, I can at least visit him and vent to him. Jack always listens. Sometimes I wonder if they put the right people in the asylum. Cause I know Jack seems like he just doesn't fit in a place like that. It's hard to explain.

Like he should belong somewhere else.

.....I know exactly where he belongs. I have an idea.