Chapter 40

--= Mark's + POV =--

The bedroom welcomed me back just as it had before, the ceiling stayed the exact same, as did the rest of the room, the only real difference was that Chica was sound asleep on the foot of the bed. 

She wasn't there when we fell asleep but, at least she looks comfortable. A soft smile coming onto my face, I felt something shuffle in the bed and my eyes immediately darted over to see Jack sound asleep beside me. 

His breathing slow and peaceful, eyes closed and mouth closed. He looked so tired... A sigh escaping my lips, I placed a hand on the side of his face and pressed my lips against his forehead which caused him to stir slightly. 

Panic rising into my throat, he squirmed around a bit and found a more comfortable position and went back to being still. The panic resting for a few seconds,  it faded away once I knew the coast was clear for sure. 

Relaxing my posture, I turned myself so I was properly facing Jack, I kept my hand on his face, and gently stroked his face. Doing it slowly and softly so he wouldn't stir. 

Reaching up and combing my hand through my hair, my hand stopped it's movement and just rested, cupping his face with my hand I couldn't help but think. 

I had so many questions about the expiration date, I don't know if there's going to be any effects leading up to it or if it'll happen just spontaneously. 

Like one minute we're walking down the street and then all of a sudden he falls or.. I don't know.... I'm worried, I'm really really worried because I... I've never cared for someone this much before,

 I've been in love and I've been in relationships but this... thing we have I just- I don't know how to describe it... Agh... Maybe it's just me getting caught up in the moment but, I like to think there's something there, he wouldn't have kissed me otherwise.

 Unless he was teasing me but...He seemed sincere enough... Oh I don't knowwww.... I kept eyeing him, staring at him so much because I was afraid if I turned away he would just disappear. I know he's going to... end up.... not breathing.. but, I just want to find a way to stop it.

 He even said it himself he thinks it's better if he was in the asylum when it happened, which means he probably knows what will happen. Or he's protecting me.. But, I don't need protection.

 I'm not the one with an expiration date he is, I'm not the one whose been in a prison most of my life, he is, I'm not the one who can't control their body or even the way they think sometimes, he is... 

He's going through so much and, yes he hasn't had a strike in a while but.. I'm scared, what if they become more frequent. I have a feeling that's what's going to happen, but it scares me.

 Not him going insane, I'm just scared that he's going to hurt himself while he is. I just feel so helpless I really don't know what to do. I feel like I'm trapped in a problem with only one answer but, this really isn't fair. 

There has to be something else, a solution, a vaccination, anything to stop it. Maybe if I called the asylum? No, then they would realise Jack shared some information and then he'd probably be sent back...

Which I don't want but...I know he does. I don't want to force him against his will, I just don't want him back in that awful cell where he stays there, it's his entire house in one small room, and it doesn't look nice either.

 I... I don't want to see him like that, he's normal now h-he's happy now!...I need to talk to someone about this but I don't think anyone will understand, maybe they'll just think I'm crazy too.....