Chapter 23

THIS CHAPTER! IS GOING TO BE FILLED WITH A FEW TIME SKIPS (OR JUST ONE) AND IT'S GONNA BE AS LONG AS I WANT IT TO BE!!! >:D......Okay? ^w^

Enjoy the chapter!!! <3
======================================================

--= Mark's + POV =--

Why does he seem so fragile? I feel like I have to hold in my breath whenever I'm around him because even the slightest disturbance or change could shatter him. Almost as if he were some, fragile child's toy. A collectable. A worn out book. They've broken him. The way he looks when his eyes are closed, it's so peaceful.

It's so happy. So relieved. I want to use every ounce of my power to make sure he lives a happy life, but there is so much wrong with him I don't even have a clue where to begin helping. The problems he has, aren't going to be solved by therapy and definitely not on his own. He has such short time, it makes me worry.

It makes me fear. The party's tonight though, and both of us are going whether we want to or not. I'll wake Jack up when I believe it's time to stop delaying. Which is more than likely going to be around five. My lips tucked into a frown to see Jack roll over on his side and ignore the rest of the world.

Jack's face contorted and scrunched up, then instantly relaxed, already back to normal. Looking Jack up and down for a few moments to make sure he was alright, when I realised he would probably be okay, I turned around and headed to the bathroom just across from our bedroom.

Snatching up an outfit I found fit, I gave one last glance at Jack before walking out deciding to keep both the shower and bedroom door opened. Stripping myself from the clothing, a flicker of eye contact smacked between my reflection and I, taking in and remembering what I resembled as.

My hands working on their own in efficiency, they turned the knob causing the water to spout out from the pores of the shower head and turned it left so the water shifted to a much nicer, warmer temperature. Hesitation not existing at this moment, I hopped in greedily and soaked up all the heat.

Cleaning myself thoroughly while keeping an ear out for Jack's voice or any noise that cued he was awake.

I didn't want to leave him alone.

+++++++++

--= Jack's + POV =--

Our feet tapping against the pavement were the only sound that came out of a part of our bodies other than the breaths we were forced to take. My chest rose and fell heavily, feeling as if it were twenty tons instead of less than one. My lips were arched into a frown, and from what I could tell Mark's were too.

Nobody said anything. I didn't, and Mark didn't either. The voices buzzed quietly at the back of my head, bickering and screaming at one another, not bothering to come and torture me since I was going to be at the party. They didn't need to scare me. I was already terrified out of my mind.

My tooth hooked onto my lower lip and sank deep into it causing a small bit of blood to swash into my mouth. Cringing, I could see from the corner of my eye Mark turn his head to look at me but I bolted my gaze the other way in a hurry. I know I must be making it really awkward, but I really just want to go back home with Mark...

His hand seemed so welcoming and alluring. The urge to hold it before walking into the building of the party almost overwhelmed me. My fingers reached out, trying to connect with his, but before it could even skim his skin yells, blasting music and cheers filled the air like a blast of air not being seen.

Goosebumps sprawling across my skin, my heart skipped a beat and as my eyes grew wide I could hear the sound of chuckling coming from beside me. Frowning, I shifted my position to glare at Mark but faltered to see he was running up ahead to a group of guys who were hanging out on the outside of a huge house.