Chapter 4

It's almost been like an addiction really. The past few weeks have been absolutely nuts for me. His letter that he answers to me are taped onto my wall, all of them in order from them. Most of them contain small drawings of us,

but a lot of them is a drawing of a green eye with a blue iris inside of a tank. Maybe it's an imaginary friend? I have no clue. What I wonder about is how he has such good hand writing. The hand writing in cursive, I gazed at it all which brought a warm smile to my face.

I just can't get him out of my head.

"WHY CAN'T I QUIT YOU!!!" My hands shoving themselves into the air then toppling back down to my sides, a breath puffed out of my lips as my mind stayed glued to Jack. Or, that's what the asylum people call him.

Narrowing my eyes to remember the rudeness of the people there, the fraud smile on the women's face that twitched with fear, it made me....Angry. It's hard to explain. It made me upset and it felt so wrong.They treated him differently than the others, and not in the good way either. Maybe I should go and visit him sometime.

Sitting up from my position, I snatched up a paper that was on my nightstand and the pen that was ready for the convenience of deciding to write to him, I scribbled all of my thoughts down on the paper. He does the same for me.

'Hey Jack,

It's been a few weeks since we've been writing to each other huh? I like that, time flies by so quickly when I'm here on my bed writing to you. You make me feel at home and let me space out and daydream about something positive for once. It's nice to do. I love your drawings, especially the one of you and I, it's really sweet. My few questions for you for this letter is...

Do you like hugs?

Is your name actually Jack or is it something else?

Are you a morning or a night person?

If you could pick any nickname for me, what would it be?

And what is that little green eyeball in a tank you keep drawing about? Is it just something you love to draw or something personal to you? Either or I know I'll love it. Just as much as I love you....'

Freezing inside of my tracks, I reread my letter to see if I had written that properly. My stomach erupting with butterflies as I read over the very last sentence, a groan escaped my lips as I erased the last sentence and we wrote it so it seemed like something else.

' Also one last question, maybe I could visit you soon? I miss seeing you, school has been so boring and filled with homework and petty teachers who act like they like you but it's really not the case. I always wonder what goes on in their heads, they try pulling off to be sane, it doesn't work.

Anyways, that was all I wanted to say to you Jack, and as always, I'll see you....In the next letter <3 Ba Bye!

~Mark'

Slumping my spine back onto my wall, I tilted my head upwards to glare at the ceiling. Letter held tightly in my hands I breathed out a sigh as nerves continued to dance inside of my stomach, spreading through my veins and my blood stream earning my heart to start throbbing.

Why, am I always thinking about him? He's an insane asylum patient! The craziest of them all apparently, so why am I thinking about him?

Those damned blue eyes... The ocean eyes flashing through my mind with the huge smile plastered on his face as he wrapped his arms around me, I felt my heart oozing down into my stomach and transforming into butterflies that fluttered around.

No matter how hard I try taking my mind off of him it always flashes through my mind as soon as I try with his gentle sky iris' and his perky little smile, glowing with warmth and....Sanity...

There was no caution or excitement in those eyes they were generally relaxed like, like he was content with the situation and that he just wanted to cherish the moment, like the insanity took a break for two seconds and showed me a real person.

It makes me feel like....Like there's a sane person stuck inside....