Chapter 43

--= Mark's + POV =--

The room was deadly quiet, my feet silently paced around the floor of my bedroom, and the beads of sweat that fell from my forehead were instantly wiped away by the long sleeved sweater that I was wearing.

The thought kept replaying over and over in my mind, in different ways, in any possible, horrible outcome. He dies.

He always dies.

I even thought of ways to prevent it but no matter what it seemed like he'd just end up dead. But he can't end up dead, I mean that's insane! And do they mean dead as in dead dead, or dead as in he can come back to life.

Dead as in go into a comatose. There's so many ways I don't know what they mean. They probably meant dead dead in which case, fuck, but... There has to be some other way. It can't just end like this.

He's too perfect for that, he can't...

He can't......

God dammit.

My hand pulled itself through my hair nervously, ruffling it as it went towards the back of my head and dropped back down to my side. My teeth kept gnawing on my lower lip, nervous and splitting it open one too many times.

I don't even know how long I've been in this stupid room for, I've just been pacing in circles worrying away until I'm nothing left. I haven't even called Felix to make sure everything was going great.

I think it's just best if he stays over for the night, it gives me time to gain composure. Or at least seem like I did. I have to talk to him about it, I wanna see if there's anything he knows, anything at all. 

This is insane. 

--+--

--= Jack's + POV =--

My eyes slowly opened to show the ceiling raised high above me, waiting there, almost like it was waiting for me to wake up. A small smile rising onto my face, I suddenly remembered what happened and where I was. 

The smile faltering a small bit, I sat up and stared at the blankets that were all wrapped around me on the couch, raising my eyes up to the other end of the couch. My eyes widened to see Felix slumped against the couch, his head lolled onto the back and almost entirely off. 

His neck was split open wide, and his eyes were glassy, the bright electric blue that usually sparked with adrenaline was now foggy and far away. Blood oozed out of his mouth, and a trail of goosebumps went up my spine. 

Lungs caught in my throat I staggered off of the couch and backed up into the wall. My hand grabbing the small table that was beside me, my entire body shook as I tried to let out a noise. Any noise. Some kind of noise. 

I blinked. And raised my fists to my face rubbing my eyes. I looked over at Felix and my stomach twisted into knots. The smell over powered the air and trying not to gag, I continued rubbing my eyes. 

This has to be a dream, it's gotta be some sort of dream this can't be real we were just watching anime together. I fell asleep but... Christ he can't be dead. Shaking insanely, I felt something cold press against me where my hand on the table was. 

Slowly looking down, my heart stopped to see a knife clenched in my hand and covered in blood. Hands shaking, I dropped the knife and backed up, shaking my head repeatedly. 

"That....That couldn't have been me. It wasn't me.. It wasn't me! I DIDN'T DO IT! FELIX!!!" My voice cracking, tears began to prick at my eyes as I stumbled closer to Felix, my vision blurry. 

"Felix...." I let out, my voice cracking I reached out a hand to touch him but faltered. My heart caught in my throat, I intertwined my hand with Felix's, but his grip suddenly tightened on me. 

His head raising from off of the back of the couch and rolling around on the skin that was left attached to his neck, he stared me straight in the eyes, his eyes glowing with flames of green wrapped around him. His eyes melted away leaving the insides of his eye sockets and blood poured out of them in tear streaks. 

"Jack.... You failed me....You failed everyone..." Terror bubbling up inside of me, I ripped my arm away and screamed. My hands slapping onto my head I keeled over myself, my screech sounding through the entire house. 

Felix trying to reach out to me, his neck only cracking more and more my screeches got louder and louder until his head thudded to the floor. My arms lashing out, eyes wide I caught his head and brought it closer to me. 

"Felix.......FELIX!!!!" Feeling an arm slam onto my shoulder, I screeched and looked behind me to see Felix looking at me with concern, his hands were on both of my shoulders, and tears were pricking in his eyes.

 The slash in his neck was gone, the blood was gone, and his eyes were back but teary.Opening my mouth, trying to make any sounds nothing came out. He moved his mouth talking, but I couldn't figure out the sounds. 

I saw tears slide down his face, and he pulled me in for a hug but I didn't move. His whole body was shaking, and as I slowly wrapped my arms around him.

My vision flashed green.

And a smile spread across my face as I hugged Felix back.