Chapter 22

--= Felix's + POV =--

My eyes snapped wide open as soon as I heard the screams. Hear beating fast, I silently tip toed towards Jack and Mark's bedroom and peeked in to see Jack crying as he was being hugged by Mark. My face falling slightly, guilt gnawed away at me to see him looking so shaken up. 

Raising an arm about to intrude, I realised Mark was whispering something in his ear and backed away to give them privacy. Turning myself around and heading for the Kitchen, my eyes instantly caught on a Tupperware filled to the brim with cookies. Oh hell yeah. 

==  Time Skip After Felix Eating Cookies ==

Crumbs stuck to my face but I was quick to clean them up. The one's that were close enough to my mouth anyways and in range of my tongue that is. Coughing into my elbow, I dropped it to my sides and looked over to the direction where noise was coming from and peeked to see Jack looking as if he was run over by a bus or worse.

Jack's eyes a blank, he slowly turned to stare at me and as soon as he did it looked like something snapped him awake because his eyes went wide and he bolted over to me. Arms dashing by his sides as his feet flurried across the ground, heart skipping a beat as soon as he leapt off of the ground.

Hands locked behind my neck intertwining together, this feeling only lasting a moment I gazed at Jack's worried expression before he rammed into me causing the breath to escape my lips and blast me backwards onto the floor with him on top of me. A groan escaping my lips, I poked my head upwards to tell off Jack in a joking manner but my words caught in my throat to see a tear spill down his face.

"Thank god Felix....." He murmured. Resting his head on my chest sideways, my insides went heavy and dropped to my back. Raising an arm, I gently placed it onto Jack's head and stroked my thumb back and forth across the nape of his neck. Jack not saying anything more, I decided pressing the matter wanting to know what shook him so much.

"What happened Bro? You literally cursed me off not even eight hours ago." I chuckled. Jack forcing a quite smile along with a breath of a laugh, he nodded solemnly until he continued to cuddle. Burying his face deeper into my chest which made my heart heave to feel warmth spread onto my shirt. Tears?

"Just, a nightmare. A pretty bad one too."

"Want to talk about it?"

"No thank you."

The silence eased up on the tension after he said that, of course I still wanted to know what worried him so I could beat it in the face but, judging by how shaken up he was right now, I'm sure he isn't one for conversation at the moment in time. Especially not about the thing that had made him so clearly upset.

So I decided to save words for later and put them aside. My eyes wandered warmly through the room, from the gigantic Tupperware of cookies now empty because I am Swedish man, all the way to the entrance where I saw Mark staring at me with an eyebrow raised in a questioning manner.

Mouthing the words 'I don't know', Mark huffed and I couldn't tell if it was a laugh or a scoff before he turned to the fridge and pulled out some pancake mix (Don't usually intervene in stories but NOT SORRY! GET THE REFERENCE I LOVE YOU 5EVER) and swarmed around the Kitchen grabbing what he needed and what he did not but snatched it up anyways.

Jack continuing to be oblivious that Mark was in the room even with all of the noise, I peeked back down at him to tell him gently to sit up and greet Mark but my heart leapt into my throat to hear purrs coming out of his lips as his breathing evened and the tears had stopped.

"Mark..."

"Yeah?" Mark's eyes stayed glued onto the pan where he poured some of the pancake mix in. Resting in a comfortable bathrobe which was white, he flipped the pancakes and shifted the knob on the stove top to make the temperature rise so they could bake in a more efficient speed.

"He fell asleep."

"What? How late did he stay up?" Mark checking over his shoulder to see if I was right, his expression fell into a pained one to see Jack curled up ending up in me being immobile at the moment. I couldn't move even if I wanted to, I would wake Jack up or worse even hurt him if I tried too hard.

"I don't know." I answered. Shaking my head Mark sighed and set his pan to the side making sure it wouldn't burn first before he hurriedly rushed over and knelt beside us, pressing a hand onto Jack's forehead to check his temperature seeing if he might be warm.

"When did you come in?" Mark whispered asking the question quietly since he was now way closer to Jack's hearing range than before. Tilting my chin up as I tried to think, I ended up shrugging my shoulders as I said it aloud as silently as I could.

"4am."

"And he was still awake?" Mark wondered. Mark's eyes widening in disbelief at this, I raised my hands in front of me to slow Mark's worrying state down a small bit and tried to reassure him in some sort of way possible.

"Couldn't tell, it was too dark to see."

"My poor Jackaboy..." Mark murmured.

 Out stretching his arms, he gently wrapped them around Jack and picked him up so I could stand. Following Mark like a puppy, I smiled to see him walk into the bedroom and place him gently on his side of the bed. Lifting the covers up to his shoulders, he shut the switch to the fan off, closed the blinds, and shut the door silently behind him.

"Let him sleep until 5, or until he wakes up on his own, we have to go to the party."

"Oh yeah! It's at Cry's mansion, ya know where that is. Well, I gotta be off! I promised I would help out." Mark nodding his head once, he waved me goodbye and went back to the pancakes letting out a reply of 'See you at seven.' and that was all.

A smile on my face, I tugged my shoes on with somewhat difficulty and stumbled out the door making my way over to Cry's mansion.