Back To Earth

Hello readers! Before beginning this next chapter, I really want to thank everyone for reading and voting for this story! So amazing that I already reached 100 votes and nearly 700 reads, thank you all so much! This chapter is a little shorter than the previous ones, I didn't really have much inspiration left and I really wanted to bring out a new chapter. Hope y'all still enjoy it!

~J~

I'm laying on something wet that sticks to my face and clothes. I carefully try to stand but I nearly fall down again. Where am I? My view is blurry so I can't really see much. After a while the blur starts to disappear and I can see my grandparents' house. I'm back home! I start walking but after a few steps towards it, the house explodes. I get blown away and fall on the ground. Completely shocked by the explosion I try to stand but I constantly slip away. When I see what I'm lying on, my heart stops and I nearly got to vomid. The ground is covered by thick, slippery blood, and I'm completely soaked by it.

"Behold what will happen", I suddenly hear a deep, evil voice behind me, "if you'll turn yourself against me. I will torture and kill all your beloved ones. Your 'family', your friends, and ..."

I turn around and see a demonic creature with giant, black wings and horns on them, about as big as myne. He looks like no human, he's just a dark shadow covered by dark red flames. He's holding someone in his right hand that's struggling to get out of his ferm grip.

"Emily?!!"

"That's right, Jason. Don't try to work against me, or ..."

He lifts his left hand, and I see the flikker of light on metal.

"You've been warned, Jason."

With a big smile he drops his arm, straight at her heart.

"Noooooo!!!!"

~

I wake up with the images of what just happened burned on my retina. It takes me a while before I realise where I am.

"Emily ...."

I get out of bed and leave my room. I get outside and the moon is covering the courtyard with beautifull, white light, but I'm too much in shock to notice it. I run towards the Central Tower and run up the stairs, two steps a time. After what feels like ages I reach the 5th floor and start banging on the door.

"Come in!", I quickly hear from the inside. I storm in the room and see Chaeron sitting in one of the chairs with a book in his hands.

"I need to go to earth, right now. How do I get there?"

"Wow, easy Jason.", he says with a confused look, "why do you need to go?"

I quickly tell him about my nightmare and the demon that was part of it.

"So now you want to go back to your home to check if everything is alright?", he says with a small sigh. "Normally I can't let you before you finished your first year at this academy, but the fact you had that dream is quite worrying ..."

"Alright then," he finally says after a few seconds of complete silence, "you can go to earth, but I got to warn you, they aren't able to see you. Making contact with them is also forbidden, so don't try anything!"

"I won't, I promise! Thank you so much!"

"Don't thank me too much .... now, take this.", he says while putting a tiny piece of green stone in my hand, "this is a small piece of the Pearl of Undur, which allows you to travel to earth. Just hold it firmly and think about the place you want to go to. It allows you to stay on earth for as long as you want, but the longer you are on earth, the weaker the Pearl will get, so be sure not to stay for too long. A well trained angel can stay on earth for months, but you can only stay for about 3 hours, so make sure you get back in time! I wouldn't want you to be stuck on earth ..."

"I'll be back in time! I can't even express how thankfull I am!"

I do as Chaeron says and a green fog starts surrounding me.

"Be really carefull with it! If you loose or break it, there's no way back here!", he shouts just before everything turns black ...

~

I carefully open my eyes ... and there it is, finally. I'm standing in front of my grandparents' house, my home for the past 13 years. I walk towards it and try opening the front door, but my hand just goes straight through it.

'This feels so weird ...'

I enter the house and nearly start crying out of hapiness. It all looks so familiar ... I take a quick look at the clock hanging in the kitchen.

'11pm ... my grandparents should already be sleeping then ...'

I walk upstairs towards their bedroom and take a quick, carefull look inside. They're both sleeping peacefully. I look at them for a while with a smile on my face, and then decide to go to Henry's house. I leave the house and start walking. Luckily he only lives about 5 minutes from me. I arrive and go straight to his bedroom, where I see him playing Call Of Duty.

'He really didn't change in the slightest ...' I laugh. I didn't have to worry, everyone was still perfectly fine. Now there was just 1 person left ...

'Hopefully she hasn't moved yet ...'

Yet again I start walking, untill I reach  a big, brickstone house. When I arrive, I see light escaping through the curtains of a room on the left. Because I don't know her house, I decide to just check who is still awake. I didn't really want to enter their house without permission, it just didn't feel right ...

I walk towards the window at the first floor, but it's to high to reach and I can't easily climb it neither. Suddenly I get an idea. I try doing the same thing I did during the flying lessons and suprisingly, it immediatly works. My wings unfold themselves and I try moving them: they slowly go up and down and after a few tries I start slowly flying upwards. I reach the window and look through a small gap between the curtains. I sigh out of relief. There she is, Emily, reading a book on her bed.

'Why does that book look so familiar to me?'

I fly through the wall to get a closer look and suddenly I recognize it: it's my diary! When I was still alive, I wrote a diary. I have no idea why exacly, but one day I just decided to do so and I've been writing one for the past ... 3 years I think? How did she even get it? Did my grandparents just give it to her? Oh no, I also wrote down what I felt for her ...

Suddenly, I have no idea why, she looks up from the book and looks straight at me. It feels so weird ... Even tho she can't see me, it still feels like she can ...

Suddenly her beautifull eyes get really wide and her mouth drops open.

"Jason?", she whispers, "Jason is that you?"