Lumen Academy

'You can't see her because you're dead, Jason. You died...'

I keep repeating those words inside my head, but the more I do so, the more confused I get.

'How could I possibly be dead, but also still alive? But if it would be the truth, then that would mean I am in...'

"Yes indeed, Jason.", I hear Astriël say, "Welcome in heaven."

I can't believe it. I'm in heaven. In heaven!  It's hard to believe, but it would explain why I never been here before and why all this seems like it came from a fairy tale.                                                 

"But if this is heaven, then both of you should be..."                                                                                    

"Yes indeed Jason", the man says, "we're angels, and so are you."

I look at them with my eyes widened of disbelief.                                                                                

"Shouldn't you have wings then?", I ask them a little suspiciously.                                                       

"Yes of course, we just don't always show them. Would you like to see them?" the man asks me.       I nod. Astriël and the man give each other a quick look, and then suddenly really bright, white light starts to surround them. It's so bright that I get blinded by it. When the light disappears, I look at both of them in shock.

Astriël has a pair of transparent wings which are nearly 2 meters wide and have white and a few golden sparkles in it. The man has pure white wings that shine like sunlight on metal. He has some golden strings in it too, like veins.                                                                                                             

"There you go, our wings. You also have them, but you'll learn how to use them later."                   

The man looks at me with his green eyes.                                                                                                            

"I'll take you to your room now, so you can take a shower and eat a bit. I think you must be really hungry."                                                                                                                                                                              

Just when he says that, my stomach starts to rumble.                                                                                      

'He's right, I'm starving...'                                                                                                                                           

"On the way to your room, you can ask me anything you want."                                                                     I get out of bed and try to stand.