Chaeron

Hello there! Before beginning this chapter I kinda wanna apologize for the long story...I tried to keep it short but it didn't really go that well... The explanation is pretty important for this story, so I couldn't really skip it neither. If you don't like these long parts, I'l skip them as much as possible. So, with that being said, quick shoutout to @cocojonesfire and @emsie1308, couldn't have done it without their help! Enjoy!

~J~

I leave the arena and follow Miss Lovett. I can almost feel her nervousity and her... fear? It was the strangest feeling I ever had. We climb the stairs in the Central Tower untill we reach the 5th floor. Instead of walking through the long hallway, Miss Lovett knockes on a door just next to the stairs.

"Come in!", a deep voice says from the other side of the door. Miss Lovett opens the door and indicates me to enter. She closes the door as soon as I get in and leaves me alone with the principal.

His office is absolutely not what I expected it to be like. Instead of a big desk with a few chairs around it there's a small coffee table standing on a big carpet with a few comfy looking seats around it. On the right there's a little fire burning in a fireplace with a weird pile of some sort of wool in front of it. The white walls are covered by book shelves with hundreds of books on them. There's one big window looking over Alensiar.

He's sitting in one of the seats with a laptop on his lap. He's sitting there so comfortable and... normal. Was this really the director of this school?                                                                                   

"What did you expect, a man sitting on a huge desk signing papers and stuff? That's not really my style, I prefer keeping it simple and cosy, and this invention of humans really helps me with it.", his eyes go up and down while looking at me over his screen.

"Why are you still standing there, come here, have a seat! I hate it if people just keep standing there..."                                           

I quickly settle myself in a couch in front of him.

'They really are as comfy as they look...'

"I know right? That's exactly why I have them. I hate those hard chairs, they make my back hurt... Oh well, maybe it's better if I just get to the point, I don't want to keep you out of your lessons for too long... So, Jason, let's start by introducing myself. Do you already know my name? I hate it when people just say principal..."                                                                                                

"I believe it was Chaeron, sir?"

The man sitting in front of me was even taller than I could remember, and from so close I could see his dark green eyes with little golden sparkles in it.         

"Ah, you already know, excellent. Please leave the 'sir' behind, just Chaeron is good enough for me. I think you already know why you're here, don't you, Jason?"                                                               

"I think so si...Chaeron.."                                                                                                                                                   

"Ok, then let me ask you something Jason... Do you remember anything about your parents?"

"My parents? What do my parents have to do with this?", I'm a little bit shocked: I really didn't saw this coming...                                                                                                                                                        

"Yes, your parents, Jason. Do you remember anything about them?"                                                                   

"I was 3 years old when they passed away so I don't really remember anything."                             

"Sorry, but I had to ask that question... you're 17 now, right?"                                                               

"Yea that's right."                                                                                                                                                       

"Well, that would indeed... yes, it surely is possible..."                                                                                      

"What do you mean, s...Chaeron?" It felt really weird calling the principal by his real name.      

"Do you know how this all got created?"                                                                                                     

"...."                                                                                                                                                                                       

"Well then," he says with a big smile on his face, "you'll need to know how it all started of course...Ok, I'll try to keep it short..."

"The universe as you know it is even bigger than you could imagine. There's no beginning or ending to it. In this endless space there lives an enormous creature, a dragon. It's name is Undur, king of the universe and guardian of planets. One time, Undur discovered a planet with large trees and sees, a planet that wasn't as dead as the others. He discovered the planet we call earth, the place where we grew up.

He saw that there lived smart forms of life, just like him, only they weren't as powerfull as he was; he found the humans. They were primitive and didn't have it easy, so he decided they needed help. He couldn't do it, because he wasn't allowed to enter the planets he guarded, so he decided to create things that could. Things that looked like the creatures on earth, only they were smarter and really powerfull . He made 6 of them, 1 for each piece of land, now also known as continents, apart from the north-and south pole. The 6 Rulers, he called them.

Everything went well, the people on earth learned a lot from them and started a better and easier life. But then one of the 6 rulers decided he wanted more power. He didn't want to share this planet, he wanted it all for himself. So he secretly took all the souls of people that died and bounded them togheter with a part of his own soul. This is pure black magic that wasn't allowed, and so he created something as evil as the kind of magic he used. He called it Arathor and it was almost as powerfull as the 6 Rulers. It looked like us, but he didn't know the words pain and mercy.

Together with Arathor, the evil Ruler killed 4 other Rulers. At last he tried to kill the last Ruler left, but that Ruler was stronger than all the other Rulers he had killed. No one ever found out why the evil one couldn't kill him...

When the evil Ruler was defeated, he fled togheter with Arathor to the center of earth, where he build his own empire of dark souls. They say that in his empire, there are flames that burn as furious as the hathred in his soul. They called this Ruler Lucifer, or, as some people might know him, the devil. The Ruler who defeated Lucifer created his own empire, high up in the clouds, where we are now. The people called him God, savior of their planet. Both Lucifer and God still fought sometimes, but God always won. Nowadays Michaël, how we call him, and his angels defend the people on earth whom Lucifer and his dark servants want to bring to the dark empire, hell."