The Douchebag's Story

"WHAT IN HEAVEN'S NAME IS GOING ON HERE?!!!"

I suddenly hear a deep voice shouting so hard it nearly makes my ears burst. The madness inside of me slowly starts to disappear and I'm completely frozen out of shock.

'What did I just do?'

Then I suddenly see the sword in my hand, hanging above Brandon's head. I feel the sword falling out of my hand and hear it falling on the ground. A strong hand grabs my arm and pulls me up. I look up and see Neon's head with a look that could kill in his eyes.

"Only one day has passed and you already start fighting? Really?! Chaeron will decide what will happen to both of you ...", he says while dragging both of us with him.

We arrive at Chaeron's office and Neon bangs on the door.

"Come in!", I hear Chaeron's voice from inside.

Neon slams the door open and drags us two inside.

"These two were fighting in the weapon arena. I was just on time, because Jason here", he says while looking angrily at me, "was holding a sword and nearly wanted to stab Brandon over here."

"Thank you, Neon, for taking them here. I'l take it from here, you can go back to your other students."

Neon leaves, still kind of angry, and leaves us both alone in the office. Everything looks the same as when I first entered this room, even Boubou was again sleeping in front of the fireplace and Chaeron is sitting on the exact same place.

"So boys", Chaeron starts while looking at both of us with his dark green eyes, "can one of you explain to me what exactly happened?"

We both look at each other; neither of us wants to be the one to tell.

"Well, you don't really have to, I can already see. Jason, wait outside please? I got to talk to Brandon in private ..."

I nod and leave the room. I still don't really understand what exactly happened. Did I now really almost kill him? How could I lose control like that? He did really challenge me, but still ...

After about 5 minutes the door opens and Brandon walks out with an angry look on his face, but I can also see some regret in it.

"Sorry Jason," he says to my suprise, "I shouldn't have told all those things, I went to far. I hope you can forgive me?"

He holds out his hand and after some hesitation I grab it.

"Apologies accepted.", I say with a smile. He just looks back to me with cold eyes.

'He really does hate me, huh? What did I even do to deserve that?'

"Jason!", I hear Chaeron shout, "Will you come here, please?!"

I go inside and stand still in front of the seats.

"Just sit down, Jason, I already told you that I don't like it if people just stand there."

"So," he begins as soon as I sit myself down, "I already know what happened, now I want to know how it could happen. Brandon did say a lot of bad things, but losing control like that, Jason ..."

"I don't know how it happened ... everything just suddenly got red and I couldn't think anymore ...."

"I believe that is something you inheritted from your father. He's well known for his ... temper tantrums. I was hoping that because there was only a part of you that was hisses, you wouldn't have inheritted that ... Try to control yourself more next time, Jason. Who knows what could happen if you completely lose control ...

"Ohw yea, also", he continues, "you wouldn't have killed him with that sword, don't worry. Just a simple sword isn't enough to kill an angel. He would've had a serious headache tho, but that's all ...", he says with a little smile.

"There is one thing I still don't understand ..." The smile on Chaeron's face suddenly disappeares.

"Why did he start insulting me? I haven't done anything wrong to him?"

"Well," Chaeron sighs, "you haven't, but your father has. You see, Brandon had two really strong angels as parents. His father was one of our best commanders, and his mother was, together with her soul animal, seriously destructive in battle. They were a serious pain in the ass for Lucifer ...

so he decided to take care of them himself. He killed both of them ... Brandon was then only 2 years old, but he never forgot ... he got older and started to hate dark angels, especially Lucifer."

"So he hates me because of what my father did?"

"Yes, and honestly, I do understand him. Losing both of your parents because of one ... well, It's not really a man ... one demon, that leaves a big scar."

"Yea, you're right, but still ..."

"I told him it's not your fault, but he's still a little ... hostile. He'll get over it, just give him some time. And Jason," he looks at me with a worried look,"try not to lose control again. It could have ended way worse ..."

Suddenly I think of Dracio. Where did he go? I couldn't see him anywhere ... or was he hidden again? I reach for him and I feel he's still sitting on his usual spot.

"You can go back to class now, Jason. Don't forget what I have just said! You're really powerfull, but that's not just a gift. It's a big responsibility to bear."

"I'll keep it in mind, thank you Chaeron."

I leave and go back to the weapon arena and when I arrive, everyone stares at me for a few seconds, untill Neon tells them to continue. It's the last lesson for that day, and after that I go to my room to rest a little. This time Pete doesn't ask to go to Silgur's tavern again.

'Maybe next time, I'm just too tired ...'

It doesn't take too long before I fall into a deep sleep. But it wasn't dreamless, not at all ...

It was the day my nightmares begun ...