Angel On Earth

"Jason?", she whispers, "Jason, is that you?"

I'm stunned. My entire body is frozen and I can't get a single word over my lips.

'Making contact with them is forbidden.'

The words Chaeron told me start swirling through my head and I nearly want to leave, but then she stands up and tries to give me a hug. She can't touch me, so she nearly falls on the floor. I try catching her but my hands go straight through her.

'How can she even see me? Nobody should be able to do so, or ... no, that can't be?!

"I'm so glad you're alright! I was afraid that they had done something to you, these creatures who took you with them ..."

"Wh...what do you mean?" I hear myself say. I'm still completely shocked and stunned, and I can't move my feet from the ground.

"After what happened at the school and that beam fell on top of you, there were ... I don't know what they exactly were, but they weren't human, that's for sure. They had wings and they just picked you up and flew away ..."

"Wait, you saw what happened? You saw angels taking me away?"

"Yea, I don't know why, but I see things others can't see. I tried telling people, but they would just laugh at me and tell me to grow up. After some time I started to disbelieve what I saw, I started believing that my eyes had fooled me. But now ..."

"That's ... amazing."

"It's really you, right, Jason?"

"Yes, it's me. This isn't a dream or something, and your eyes aren't fooling you neither.", I chuckle. It feels so good to see her again ...

"If it really is you, then it was you who wrote all these things down, right?", she says while pointing at my diary. If I wouldn't be dead, I would've blushed.

"Yes, I ... I wrote all that."

She goes to her bed and sits down, keeping her head down to try hide her smile.

"So it's true, what you say in it?", she whispers while looking up to me with big eyes full of hope.

"Every single word.", I whisper back. I walk tot her bed and settle myself next to her.

She keeps staring at me, hypnotising me with the sparkles in her beautifull green eyes. Her hand starts moving towards my cheek, but as soon as her hand reaches my face, it goes straight through it. She just keeps it close to my cheek, and even tho I can't feel her soft touch, I still start feeling warm inside.

"I never told you", she says while slowly moving towards me, "but I feel exactly the same."

She comes closer and closer, locks me with her eyes and her full lips, just a few more milimeters ...

"No!", I lean back creating a small gap. "You can't be with me! I'm dead, you have no further future with me ... You deserve a guy who can take care of you, that can protect you and give you everything you need in this world!"

"Why would I want that? I already have you ... "

"But I have nothing to offer ... you deserve better than that!"

"What do you mean? I love you, Jason. There's not a single thing in the entire world that can change anything about that. I don't want a future without you ..."

I'm just sitting on her bed, looking at the most beautifull girl of the world, not knowing what to do or say.

"But ... we can't be togheter. You don't know everything, Emily. Normally I can't be here ... I just got really lucky. I have to stay in that world, training and defending the empire and ... it's all just so magical you can barely believe your own eyes."

"Tell me about it.", she says with a curious sparkle in her eyes. "How does it look like?"

I sigh. We both lay ourselves on her bed, right next to each other, with our heads looking up to the sealing. I tell her about everything: the academy, Alensiar, Chaeron, my soul animal Dracio, what I really am, ...

"That's ... impressive.", she says with an astonished look. "So you're the devil's son?"

"Yea, and I'm not proud of it ..."

"What do you mean? What your father is or did has nothing to do with you, Jason. I know you, and there is nothing evil within you. The accident that happened wasn't your fault, he just challenged you and went way too far. Everyone would've snapped then."

"Still, you don't fully understand. That feeling I got then was .... dominating. It was so strong I could barely resist it and when I was fighting with him I almost ... enjoyed it."

"The fact that you regret what you did is proof of your good heart, Jason. Someone evil wouldn't regret his actions."

"Thank you, Emily.", I whisper while amazingly looking at her gorgeous face. After staying like that for a long time I see the time on the digital clock behind her.

"Is it already that late?! I'm so sorry, but I really have to go. I could only stay for about 3 hours and they have nearly passed!"

"Can you really not stay any longer?", she whispers to me with a tormented look in her eyes.

"I really can't, I'm sorry ..."

"Will you come back?"

"Of course I will", I say with a big smile, "Every night if I can."

I quickly get out of the bed and take the green piece of stone. The smoke already starts to appear when Emily gets up and stands right in front of me.

"Be carefull," she says while giving me an air kiss on the cheek, "and remember that I'll be always here, waiting for you ..."

Yet again everything turns black ...

~

I open my eyes. I'm standing in the middle of my bedroom, the piece of stone clamped in my hands. Even tho she didn't really kiss my cheek, I can almost still feel the softness of her lips on my cheek and my entire body feels warm and light. I drop myself on my bed and close my eyes. It doesn't take long before I fall asleep, still having the images of my angel on earth burnt in my brain and heart ...