Arrival In Hell

Hey there, dear readers of myne! It's been a while and it's about time I release a new chapter of my story! I am so sorry for not writing for so long, but I just lost creativity and the will to write, so I decided it would be better to wait a bit and try making a good, new chapter. This is actually perfect timing as well, because it's my birthday! I hope you'll all enjoy it and see you next time!

P.S.: I have made this new 'story' called "Random Thoughts". It's not a usual story, but I would be so happy if you would try it out! Thanks!!

~J~

A quick, green flash, and suddenly I fall on the hard ground. The hit is harder than I expected and it takes me a few seconds to recover. The ground underneath me consists out of small pieces of black rock. Like coal, the black colour sticks to your hands.

"Are you all okay?", I quickly ask. Maybe the others were less lucky with their landing.

"I'm okay, apart from being a bit dizzy ...", Talissa says, laying only a few mettres from me.

I look around and see that all seven of us have landed safely.

"Well, that's one thing less to worry about.", I say relieved.

"Yes, but we've got a bigger one to worry about in return.", Sam says while looking at something behind my back with big eyes. I turn around and my jaw literally drops. In front of us, on top of a colossal mountain, is a giant, black shadow in the shape of a city. When a lightning bolt tears the dark sky apart, the outline gets more clear and a wall made out of black thorns appears, with above it giant thunderclouds. Unlike in heaven, this city lays on the ground, but it still looks like it's floating a bit because of the toxic looking fog that surrounds it. And, to make it even creepier,  unhumanlike screams sound from behind the sharp walls. There is barely any light, only by a giant lavafall dropping down the mountain, ending in a big lava pool.

"So ... that's where we have to go, I guess. Doesn't look very engaging ...", Pete describes what we're all thinking.

"Does it matter? There's no way back, so we have to go. Even if we wanted to, there's no turning back now ...

Still a bit abashed, but knowing there is indeed no way back, we all get up and start walking to the castle.

"We're lucky, we're only about a kilometre away from the mountain. It's better we go on foot. That way we can save energy for when we reach it so we can fly up."

We all agree on Brandon's idea and start walking further through the black wasteland. Nobody says a single word, the stress rises and dispair starts forming inside of me. Maybe this idea was  too naïve?

'No, I should not think like that! The only way we can do this is if we believe in ourselfs ...'

After walking for about half an hour we reach the bottom of the mountain. When I look up I have to bend my neck so far it hurts, and even then I can barely see the top because of all the fog surrounding it.

"Okay, you all stay here, I'm gonna fly up real quick to check if ..."

"Guys, we've got to hide ... we've got to hide fast!"

"Talissa, why do we ..."

"DO IT, NOW! All hide in that small cave over there!"

Completely stunned we all do as she says and a few moments after we are all hidden, two demons with dark grey wings land only about 10 metres of our cave.

"You are totally going crazy right now. I told you there was nothing here!"

"Still, I'm sure I saw something ..."