Dragundur

And there it is ....

It's really hard to see, but if you look closely you can see something hiding in a pool of lava. It's pure white eyes with black pupils look at me with a curious look. It crawls out of the pool and I finally get to see my soul animal.

It looks a bit like a small dragon, even tho it has no wings or scales. It's about half a meter long, with his tale about a meter tho, and it has 2 small, curving horns on top of it's head and one more on it's nose. It's entire body is made out of black and dark red feathers, which really surprises me. The only part of his body that isn't is it's face, which is covered by some sort of rough skin.

'How didn't these feathers burn because of the lava?'

It has paws covered by small feathers and large claws. It's long tale is also fluffy, but on the end of it there is a burning small, dark red flame. When he crawls out of the pool it looks like his body consumes the lava, which disappears on it's feathers.

"What is that?", Talissa says while looking at the creature in shock. Her feniks on the other hand doesn't seem surprised at all. It was even like her animal looked at the creature with ... respect?

"I have no idea, but I think it's my soul animal ... What do I have to do now?"

"Well," she starts, still in shock, "you should try to connect with it. You kinda have to make your souls meet. It's hard to explain, so I can't really help you much more, sorry ..."

"Well, better than nothing.", I say nervously.

I start carefully walking towards the thing, trying not to scare it. It looks at me with an almost curious look. He holds his head a little to the left and suddenly I can feel it. Something, some sort of power, trying to enter my soul. I relax and allow it in, and in a blink of an eye the small, dragon-looking creature is laying on my shoulders like some sort of scarf. I carefully start stroking him and he lets out some smoke out of his nose, enjoying my attention.

"He looks so cool! We should give them both a name!", Talissa nearly shouts out of excitement.

"I'm not really that creative ..."

"Ah come on, I'll help! I think I already found a name for mine."

"Oh really?"

"Yea, I think I'm gonna name her ... Mist."

"Sounds good! But now it's my turn huh ..."

""Maybe something like ... Dracio?"

"See! You are good in making new names! Let's go back to the house and show the others!"

We walk back to the island and see everyone already there.

"I guess we're late ...", I whisper to Talissa.

~

"Ahh, there you are, finally! I almost wanted to send Gajil to search you both ... Oh well, well, what do we have here?", Beanca says when we get closer, "Is that a feniks?! What a wonderful animal you have ..."

"Talissa"

"... Talissa, be sure to take good care of it. Don't you have a soul animal, Jason?"

'How does she even know my name? Do I already have such a big reputation?'

"I have one, right here on my shoulders."

"You must be mistaking, Jason, we can't see anything ..."

"What do you mean? He's right he ..." I indeed see nothing when I look back on my shoulders.

'That's weird ... Where has he gone?'