"That works" she claims.

"Is that really why you called" I ask.

"No" she admits.

"What's going on" I wonder.

"I don't know, I miss you. I miss us. I want to be back home so bad. While this is the coolest shit I have ever seen I just... I don't know" she sighs.

"I miss you too" I reply and she giggles.

"Do you think we did the right thing? You know, faking a relationship" she asks.

"I don't regret a single thing. These past three months and some has been some of the best times of my life. Doing all those things and doing them with you, it's what people dream of. I would do it all again if I had the chance" I admit.

"Hopefully we can do it all again, and for real this time" she says.

"I would like that that" I smile.

"So, what are you doing now that I'm not there to bother you about" she asks.

"What I'm supposed to" I tease.

"I wasn't that bad" she gasps.

"You were definitely a distracting" I admit.

"Now I don't want to come back" she pouts.

"Yeah you do."

"Yeah I do" she laughs. "How's your family" she wonders.

"Good. I just talked to my sisters and they're all heart broken we broke up. Almost as much as I am"

"You told them we're still friends though, right?"

"Yeah. They just really liked you."

"I liked them too. How's your Grandpa doing" she wonders.

"He's alright. Going day by day right now. It's good he lives next to my parents so they can take care of him. I'm just hoping he can make it to the Olympics"
I sigh.

"I'm praying fo you guys" she claims.

"I didn't know you prayed" I admit.

"It's more of counting my blessings, I have a lot to be thankful for. I thank god for this life given to me and everything he has prepared for me. I also ask him to watch over your Grandpa and my mom" she claims.

"That's so sweet. Thank you" I say.

"Well I guess I'll let you go. I'll be watching in my Blackhawks shirt cheering extra loud when you score me that goal" she claims.

"I'll talk to you later" I reply.

We hang up and I let out a sigh. I grab my things and head to the UC for the game.

I sit in my stall and get ready like I have so many times before. The guys file in and do what they need to to get ready and I feel a bunch of eyes on me. Patrick Sharp sits next to me and I stop taping my stick.

"Can I help you" I ask turning to him.

"The real question is can I help you" he counters and I raise my eyebrow.

"What do I need help with" I counter.

"Your break up" he claims.

"You expect me to take relationship advice from you" I ask.

"Come on, no need to act so tough. Emerson was a amazing girl, way too good for you. It's okay to cry" he claims.

"What do you know about our relationship" I ask.

"I know you, I know it was probably hard for you to be with one girl for all that time. And for her to leave like that" he says.

"It was a mutual decision. We're still good friends and stuff. She watches our games and I follow what she's doing. I'm not happy that we're separated but we're literally in two different places in our lives" I explain.

"The relationships that end when no one wants to are the hardest to get over. I just wanted to make sure you're okay" he claims.

"I'm fine. I literally talked to her today" I explain.

"If you say so" he claims getting up. I finish taping my stick and go out to the ice for warm ups. I stick handle some and get the blood flowing before Jonny comes up.

"Why did you guys break up if you weren't even together" he asks. I know he's been waiting to ask but he didn't say anything with the guys around which I appreciate.

"Because she had to go away and there was no point in dragging it out. It would have to end sometime and we didn't want to get too far in that we couldn't stop being in a fake relationship while having real feelings for each other" I shrug.

"And how do you really feel" he asks.

"It sucks. I told her that I loved her and she told me she loved me too. Then she left and it seriously sucks. I loved being around her, she was an amazing friend. Amazing soul. She's someone I would love to have around all of the time and the fact is that I can't" I sigh.

"I'm sorry. I could tell that you guys were having real fun together even if it was a fake relationship. I know she meant a lot to you, I'm sorry it had to be like this" he says patting my back.

"Yeah man, me too."