00 | preface

A folktale - a legend of a tragic love - older than time itself, has been recited for generations on end without an understanding that maybe, that tale wasn't just a mere story but a haunting past threatening to rise from it's ashes

A troubled Prince in search of a jewel that will finally free him from his curse. A curse eating his soul from the inside out. A jewel very different from his Lunar Mate.

He can continue to be blind and follow sheep or break the shackles and follow the light leading to his freedom. Choices have always been hard at a forked path. But had the path always been that way or did somebody force it to divide?

An inexpensive jewel of flesh and bone, heart and mind. Born with a strange power that sets her apart from the rest of her kind. But does that power truly belong or is it a fruit of another's pain and despair.

The assassin. Taught from a young age to kill or to be killed. She yearns for an escape. One loophole amidst a strong wall of protection. When she finds it, the blow will leave nothing behind but blisters of the past and remedy for a brighter future.

The Knight, clad in shining armor and a pretty smile. Until it melts to reveal rusted metal and a smile defiled. More of a Huntsman than a knight. Only wishes he never let her out of his sight.

Four souls interwoven with threads so intricate, clairvoyance fails to find. Only two lives meant to be spared at the finale, so who isn't worth a dime?

 Only two lives meant to be spared at the finale, so who isn't worth a dime?