25 | Cassian

"Is a trial truly necessary at the moment?" Rowan groaned

"Is a trial truly necessary at the moment?" Rowan groaned. He threw his head back in frustration. "What did His Majesty tell you?"

Cassian breathed in deeply. They'd been over this twice already and he was running out of patience. Especially with the way things went with Rhea, Cassian was on a constant edge, ready to tip over at the slightest nudge. Rowan blatantly shoved him off that edge now.

"How many more times do I have to repeat myself? Are you that thick in the head?" He barked out in frustration.

Rowan lifted his hands up in surrender. He was silent for a few seconds and promptly opened his mouth again.

"So what if Rhea does not bear your mark yet? She is still your mate.Your Lunar mate at that. Chosen by the Goddess Celestine herself. They cannot deny Rhea her birthright." Rowan said. "Doesn't your opinion in this matter?"

"Since when has my opinion mattered to anybody?" Cassian scoffed. He rolled his shoulders again wincing at the movement. His damn curse was acting up again. It can sense his frustration. The restlessness.

"I heard the Luna paid Rhea a visit from the butler." Rowan said.

Cassian clenched his jaw. "I am aware. Jamison reported that my mate refused to touch her food. I told him it did not concern me. He must have gone to mother instead."

Rowan groaned falling back on his bed. "Why must you both be so difficult?"

"You will come to know the reason when you find a mate of your own some day." Cassian replied throwing him a side glance. Rowan stiffened but did not answer. Cassian straightened on the chair. "Have you found her already?"

"No, of course not." Rowan rolled his eyes. "I was just thinking that now would really be a good time for it though. A pair of warm inviting arms to return back to every night during these times sounds like heaven to me."