20 | Rhea

Rhea twitched and shuddered

Rhea twitched and shuddered. She mumbled incoherent words that were too soft for Kai to hear. He dipped a towel in hot water, strung it out and placed it carefully on her forehead. She was cold. Really cold. An hour ago Rhea's skin had been scalding to touch.

"Cass...is that you?" Rhea peered at him through narrow unfocused eyes.

"Sleep some more Willow." Kai said softly.

It took everything inside Kai to control himself against the strong scent of her heat. Rhea blinked, her vision slowly adjusting to the dark of the room. She slapped Kai's hand away when he reached for her.

"Don't touch me." Rhea hissed. She winced as she scrambled away from him. The pain in her legs had not reduced, if anything the throbbing had only increased.

"You're sick because of your heat. I need to be able to touch you to make you feel better." Kai said.

Rhea felt bile rise up her throat. "I'd rather die from the pain than let you touch me."

"Don't be difficult. I'm doing this for your own good." He replied sounding the slightest bit annoyed.

Rhea scoffed. "Is that what you keep telling yourself? That you are doing all of this for me? Does that make you feel better?"

A spark of discomfort sparked in her abdomen making Rhea keel over. Kai reached for Rhea at once. Despite her squirming he pulled her closer to his body. The warmth of his skin seeped into her bones like icicles.

"It will get better soon. I got you." He whispered rocking them back and forth.

"I said don't-" Rhea pushed Kai with every ounce of her brute strength. "-touch me." She yelled.

Kai groaned as he fell in a heap by the door. His back hit the thick wall with a loud thump. Kai's expression clouded over in a mixture of hurt and irritation. He pushed himself up and opened his mouth to say something but was interuppted by loud knocks on the main door. Both Rhea and Kai became very still.

"Do not move." Kai warned her.

Rhea rolled her eyes. It wasn't like she could bolt to the door with her useless legs. Rhea crawled to the edge of the bed, focusing on the voices.