28 | Rhea

Rhea was drowning

Rhea was drowning. She felt the weight of her body stretch further and further below. The light of the world had since long disappeared and darkness enveloped her. Bubbles gargled from her lips and her hand remained outstretched, fingers straining to hold on to something. Anything.

'I don't want to die this way! But why am I here?' Rhea gasped. She swallowed a lungful of water and thrashed her arms.

"Willow! Willow!"

Her head snapped in the direction of the voice. 'Kai?'

Dark spots lined her vision. Fingers wrapped around her wrist and Rhea felt herself being tugged closer to a chest. Strong arms wrapped around her torso. The person kicked back forcefully, propelling them up.

Rhea gasped as they broke shore. Wild green eyes peered into her own. Rhea noticed his lips moving but no sound came out. The warmth of his body even amidst the chill of the water comforted her.

"What?" Rhea asked in between breaths.

"Buttercup." He said in a voice she knew all too well. "Buttercup."

"Cass?" She mumbled squinting. For some reason she couldn't see anything else except the green of his eyes.

"I'm right here. It's okay. You're okay." The boy replied. A lopsided grin slowly formed on his lips.

A shadow fell over them. Rhea peeked over his shoulder that felt farther up than she was used to. Ursula glared at her. She clutched something in both of her hands. Her expression sneered at her as the objects in her hands lunged for her.

As they got near, Rhea realised that the objects were the severed heads of Addy and Kai. Gashes ran across their faces. Blood dripped from the mangly hair. The heads opened their mouths to reveal razor sharp teeth.

Rhea watched in horror as the boy turned around to follow her gaze, only to be attacked by the severed heads. The teeth tore at his skin. Screams echoed around her. Rhea was shaking like a leaf.