11 | Rhea

Rhea hadn't expected much but it seems Cassian was full of surprises

Rhea hadn't expected much but it seems Cassian was full of surprises. She had expected him to be noisy like a soldier and with little stealth that equalled a wild buffalo.

But Cassian kept up with her pretty well as they scaled the building to reach the backside of the building where her room lay. The conservative route would have been much easier but it was also crawling with Wildflower guards. Especially as the night sunk in deeper through the day.

Just as Cassian climbed in through the window closest to her room as quiet as a mouse, Rhea's ears picked up on the distant tap of footsteps. And then giggling.

"Oh Peony! You should have seen him claim me. I can still feel it within me." A voice contendly sighed. More giggles followed.

Rhea pressed Cassian into a dark corner along the corridor. It was a blindspot she had discovered a few years ago and it had saved Rhea from more than a few lashings. Transparent white fabric that fell from the ceiling swayed in the breeze, like the elegant dancers Rhea had often seen performing at the town centre during festivities.

One such fabric danced close to where Rhea and Cassian hid. The light caress of the fabric on her back almost felt ticklish. With their bodies pressed so close together, Rhea could feel every taut muscle and sharp ridge of Cassian's body. Not to mention the heat of his skin scorching her like a warm bonfire.

"They're go-"

Rhea pressed her gloved hand over his mouth and pushed him into the wall further, if that was even possible. His hands brushed her waist beneath the cloak and Cassian lowered his head breathing shallow. A wild, primal side that resided deep within Rhea stirred at the feel of her mate so close to her own.

"Dandy! Where are you going?"

"I dropped my Dami pouch here somewhere."

"Hurry up!"

The girl, Dandy or Rhea guessed - Dandelion - stopped three steps beyond the corner that she and Cassian hid in. They were covered by the slightly projected pillar but Rhea felt like their heartbeat alone could give them away. That her heartbeat alone would give them away.