21 | Cassian

"Addy wasn't too hurt, was she?" Rhea asked

"Addy wasn't too hurt, was she?" Rhea asked. Her eyes examined the streets overlooking Wildflower carefully.

"It was a silver blade but she will heal. The cut wasn't that deep. The blade went in by an inch or so." Cassian replied.

Rhea winced. "She's never got cut by a kitchen knife let alone stabbed by a dagger. Addy won't be too thrilled by the scar either."

"It's the price she pays for impersonating and deceiving you." Cassian said. A dark shadow crept over his expression.

"There is more to the story. Addy would never do that to me. I don't trust Kai-" Rhea stopped when Cassian's lips involuntarily twitched.

"What?" He said innocently.

"Nothing." Rhea muttered. She turned away to the streets once again.

"Tell me." Cassian prodded. His breath caressed her earlobes. Rhea shivered. "Buttercup."

"It's annoying that you were right. Happy?" Rhea growled, twisting around on her heels.

Cassian smirked. He leaned in until their foreheads touched. "Not really."

Rhea placed her hands on his chest. They were stuffed in a narrow alleyway so nobody paid any heed to them. The few who did could only see parts of their body shadowed in by the dark of the night.

"I can smell that mutt all over you." Cassian whispered. His teeth nipped her ear. Rhea made a noise at the back of her throat. "I hate it."

Cassian watched the grey in her eyes swirl to black. Her thick scent coiled around his neck in a strangle. Rhea slipped one hand to the back of his neck. Her lips almost grazed his own. Cassian wet his lips with his tongue.

Rhea dropped her gaze to them briefly before staring back into his eyes. Cassian's hands bunched the fabric of her dress at the waist. He wanted nothing more than to push her against the wall and feel her body move against his.