08 | Cassian

Cassian's cool gaze bore into Willow's furious thunderstorm eyes

"What is the meaning of this?" She demanded. The metal handles of the hand cuffs clinked together. "Unlock me at once."

Cassian was transfixed. The lengthy luscious locks of hair in the deepest shade of red he had ever seen. A sweetheart face with a sharp jawline, high cheekbones and full lips. Her light gray eyes were so bright and clear that they resembled glass. His mate was all curves and lean muscles in exactly all the right places he liked them.

Despite her sickness from the injected wolfsbane, Willow still managed to look breathtakingly beautiful.

"Would you like me to pose for a portrait so you can stare at me all day?" His mate raised a mildly annoyed eyebrow.

"Why would I want a portrait when I have you." Cassian replied. He smirked when her cheeks flushed.

"Can you at least open the windows? I need a breath of fresh air." She coughed. Willow rubbed her throat and took in deep shuddering breaths.

The curve of his lips tilted down just as fast as it had gone up. His once curious expression turned cold. He walked closer until he stood directly above her. She frowned at him in question. He didn't miss the way she tried to make herself small either.

"I bet you feel really warm too, don't you mate?" He sneered. "Or should I say, Willow?"

His mate - Willow - opened her mouth and then shut it holding back whatever excuse it was that she was going to tell him. She looked away with an expression he couldn't place his finger on.

"Are you going to turn me in for trespassing the palace grounds the other night?" Willow asked him. Her tone sounded defeated. Tired.

"I wouldn't have let you escape the first time if I wanted that." Cassian said.

A cold silence passed between them. Cassian had so many questions but he didn't want to scare her away when he'd just gotten to properly meet his mate. She already did enough running away on her own without his help.