Checkmate

Elise's POV:

I sat next to Harry. he smelt nice. the sun shin through the window making his green eyes glisten.

"So..." Harry tried to start a conversation.

"How was your flight?" I asked.

"Yeah good, I'm a bit tired though." he yawned. "How was yours?"

"Yeah good." not much happens on planes I guess" I replied "is everything ok in Cheshire?"

"Yeah it's all fine. Jodie didn't tell me her parents were getting out if jail. it shocked me and I was just in a situation I never thought I would be in the middle of." he responded.

"And whose this Layla girl?" I asked.

"Oh she's Jodie's best friend and we have been trying to set her up with Liam. they look great together right?" he laughed.

"Yeah, haha. hey do you remember what happened in 7th grade?" I smiled, changing the topic.

"What happened in 7th grade?" Harry raised his eyebrow.

"Our first kiss." I beamed.

"Oh yeah, what about it?" he smiled.

"Well I was just thinking, we could be like that again you know. just some kids in love." I winked at him.

"I'm not going back to you Elise, I'm with Jodie know, I'm perfectly happy with Jodie." He smiled. He couldn't talk about her without smiling. "and you know why we broke up the first time."

"I made one mistake!" I cocked my head to the side.

"You kissed my best friend in grade 10!" He cried "I forgave you once and I'm not sure if I would do it again. but I won't need to worry about your love life. I have my own." he stared into the distance.

"You may be happy with Jodie now, but you know what they say, like mother like daughter. That girl is bad news for you." I stared into his eyes.

"Jodie has been raised by her grandmother since she was six! Barbra's a great lady and would never raise Jodie like that!" Harry demanded.

"Well she raised her own daughter to abuse." I persisted.

"Elise stop playing with my mind! Barbra didn't do that it's not her fault! I'm wondering is maybe you should go back to Cheshire!" he stood up and got himself a glass of water.

"But Harry don't you just want to press your lips against mine again, I miss that feeling!" I pleaded.

"No Elise! I'm starting to question wheat her you really are my best friend" Harry raised his eyebrow.

"I am your best friend Haz!" I stressed.

"Well a best friend wouldn't try and sabotage my relationship with a girl I truly feel loves me." he smiled. he was thinking about her again even while he was yelling at me.

"I'm not sabotaging your relationship Harry, I just think you are with the wrong girl." I walked to him and played with his curls.

"No Elise! I'm going to find Jodie. I want you to leave me alone. Go back to Cheshire. you'll find someone there." He walked out if the door.

He got outside but I grabbed his wrist and stopped him. we stood in the hall staring into each other's eyes.

Out if the corner if my eye, I saw a figure stop walking towards us. it watched us.

"Harry, you're the one that I want, the only one." I smiled and smashed my lips onto his. I felt no response from Harry. all I heard was a glass shattering and a gasp in the distance.

Harry and I turned to see Jodie. Tears rushing down her face. she turned and ran back to Liam and Layla's room.

"Wait it isn't what it looks like Jodie!" Harry yelled running down the hall trying to reach her. but he was to late.

My revenge was complete. I was never going to let that girl steal my man. I had only one word for Jodie.

Checkmate.

A/N: SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS REALLY SHORT BUT MY PHONE IS ABOUT TO DIE AND IVE BEEN REALLY EAGER TO POST THIS CHAPTER FOR THE PAST FEW WEEKS. PLEASE DONT BE MAD AT ME BUT IVE BEEN PLANNING THIS FOR A WHILE NOW AND I DONT WANT YOU ALL TO KILL ME OR STOP READING BECAUSE I DID THIS IM SORRY. JUST FOR FUTURE REFERENCE IN THIS BOOK
~EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED~
THANKS FOR READING! PLEASE DONT STOP BECAUSE OF THIS! ILY

Xx Emily