Questions and Troubles

Jodie's POV:

Layla helped plan the date?

"Thanks Lay." I said

"Are you mad?" she frowned

"No, no of course not" I giggled wincing as well "I think it's great that your friends with my Boyfriend but don't steal him!"
"Ok I won't!" she smiled.

"What was the last thing we were going to do?" I whispered.

"Uhh I can't tell you" she giggled.

"Why?" I asked confused.

"You'll find out soon enough!" she smiled and left the room.

***5 weeks later***

5 weeks have passed, my ribs miraculously healed quickly so I can now use crutches because my ankle will still be about 3 months. so I'm dragging this big cast around everywhere. Since I'm injured, I haven't been working at the bakery but I have been visiting often.

I have noticed that Layla and Liam have exchanged numbers and she has been texting him and calling him quite a bit. she says that they are just friends but we both know there is more too it!

And Harry is the best boyfriend ever! even being injured himself, he helps me so much! we have been on many dates to the hospital for check ups but have also found the time to go to restaurants, but that us really our only option at the moment.

There was a knock at the door. I was lying in the couch watching 'The Carrie Diaries' which is my favourite show.

"I'll get it!" Barbra called as she opened the door. I sat up and looked over the top of the couch to see who was at the door. "ohh Harry you look spiffy! what's the big occasion?" Barbra said cheerily.

He got down on one knee, his pink arm cast holding a red rose "I would like your permission to take Jodie on a mini tour and maybe even a world tour with me and the boys." oh my gosh.

"Come inside" Barbra smiled. Harry sat on the couch beside me and kissed me on the cheek. "What do you think Jodie?" Barbra said

"I-I would love to" I stuttered.

"What if" Barbra smiled "you can take Jodie on the mini tour and we can decide from there?"

"That would be wonderful." Harry looked me in the eyes and handed me the rose.

"When do you leave?" Barbra's eyes darted to Harry.

"Uh tomorrow" he half smiled.

"Tomorrow?" Barbra gasped.

Both mine and Harry's eyes widened

"Go and pack your bags." Barbra but her hand on my thigh.

I quickly hopped up the stairs followed by Harry with his good arm supporting me.

I slumped down on my bed.

"What do you want to bring?" Harry smiled he was so thoughtful not making me stand up.

"My suitcase is in the wardrobe" I pointed

He picked it up and put it on my bed. I exclaimed to items I wanted and soon my bags were packed.

"Thanks Harry" I smiled.

"No problem." he jerked as our lips joined I smiled wide at his move. there was a knock on the door. I picked up my crutches and went over to open the door.

"It's time to go Harry!" Barbra smiled

"See you tomorrow babe" he kissed me on the cheek. "goodbye Barbra" Harry kissed her cheek and hugged her too.

"See you tomorrow Harry." Barbra smiled.

We were sat at the dinner table soon after he left. we were having my favourite. Pesto pasta!

Barbra reached across the table and held my hand.

"Jodie, I'm not just letting you go with Harry because your in a relationship, there's something I need to tell you." she said calmly.

"What is it?" I asked.

"It's your parents." she said "they could be out by next week."

"Next week why?" I asked confused.

"Apparently the police have some some tests and they have changed." She frowned "You will be safe with Harry. if your parents do get out, they will have to come here. Don't tell Harry."

"I won't but what about you?" I worried.

"I'll be fine don't worry about me I will do everything I can to keep them there." she said as a tear ran down her cheek. in the 12 years that they have been in prison, I have never seen or spoken to them. you may think it's harsh but I don't ever want to again. Barbra is my parent now.

I don't want my parents out of jail now. I'm not ready.

I washed the dishes as Barbra packed up the table, then we sat down to watch our favourite show 'Toddlers and Tiaras'.

"If the child isn't happy then why do they make them do it?" Barbra yelled at the screen. we both giggled as we sat with my head on her shoulder under a blanket.

I yawned which made Barbra yawn too.

"I'm tired" she mumbled "I'll see you in the morning honey."

"I love you." I whispered as I hugged her. this was our last night together for a month!

I turned off the tv and went up to my room as well. I was about to drift off when my phone binged

From Harry:

Come to the front door? xx night! I love you :P

I quietly hopped down the stairs and carefully picked up my crutches from the bottom of the stairs and opened the door.

There was a bouquet of red roses on the front step. I picked them up. they were beautiful. there was a note attached.

"Dear Jodie,

I can't wait to see you tomorrow babe!Be ready at 8:00am and I'll come and pick you up. I love you so much and you are so wonderful! I'll se you tomoz

Xx Haz"

It was so sweet! I again quietly got a vase, filled it with water and put the flowers in it. I set them on the table for Barbra to see in the morning.

I was really tired by now from hopping around thanks to my foot, but I hopped back upstairs and jumped into bed.

I am excited for tomorrow but very worried about Barbra and my parents. what if they hurt her. I know she would tell me before anybody else if they did so I will calm down. I just hope they really have changed.

A/N: OMG IM SO SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING BUT TO MAKE UP FOR IT I WILL POST A NEW ONE IN LIKE 3 DAYS OR LESS PLEASE DOMT THROW ROCKS AT ME ILY FOR READING THANKS BABES. If you read this a/n and comment Moogle and your Instagram username on this chapter I will give you a shoutout on my Instagram @somethinghoran. I just want to know if people actually read them thanks guys xx ~ Emily