Epilogue - Northern Lights

"Shit!"

"Grab me a towel dammit!"

"There aren't any, dumbass! Turn off the water, which might help!"

"Screaming at me isn't going to help!" Zack slammed his hand down on the knob and the water instantly shut off. Sighing, I leaned back against the counter. I wiped the sweat off of my forehead and grinned.

"That was...funny." Zack started cracking up and kissed my forehead. I wrapped my arms around his waist and looked up at him. He grinned down at me and pecked my lips quickly before wiping his forehead off too. All of the sudden, we heard giggling. Looking in the kitchen sink, we saw the new addition to our family.

Lacie-Rose was our beautiful baby girl who was the cause of all this mess. We were supposed to be bathing her, but she had other plans. Instead of using the faucet to wet a rag and gently bath her, she grabbed the sprayer then all hell broke loose. The thing went wild, spraying everywhere! It got the windows, all over the sink, and the floor. She got a kick out of it too.

I grabbed her out of the basket and grinned at her smiling face. She got her father’s eyes and a head full of blonde hair. I was surprised when they told me she had blonde hair...let alone any! Both Zack and I were born with none. I wrapped a towel around her and carefully walked into her bedroom to dress her. Zack stayed in the kitchen and cleaned up the mess our baby girl made.

Four years ago, after Carly's case, Zack and I actually established our relationship. We've been dating for four years now and had a beautiful baby five months ago. We did things totally out of order, but who cared? We loved each other and weren't going anywhere for a while. When I told Zack I was pregnant, he was floored. I don't think I've ever seen him that happy. He kept walking around with a smile on his face for months. He went to every doctor’s appointment, every screening, and he even went shopping with me.

When I was five months pregnant, he decided to paint the nursery. He was so happy I swore I heard him whistling around the house. He put the crib up, bought me a rocking chair, and everything else we'd need. After the case, he moved into my house because it was a lot bigger than his one story.

When we told Mark, I swear I saw tears in his eyes. He's been the greatest grandfather/god-father ever. He buys Lacie-Rose all kinds of toys and clothes. He and Melissa, the girl he was seeing when he was in the hospital, were still dating. They were going steady, unlike Zack and me. He was still the best partner I could ever have though.

My job at the FBI has been crazy. I've been assigned to desk duty because of my pregnancy but I was finally working a case with my trusty partner and it felt good! Lewis still, to this day, couldn't thank me enough for saving his niece's life. I just smiled every time; it was my job to save her. Zack still had his job as a teacher, even after when the school found out about us. We told the school board we didn't start dating until I signed the papers and dropped out. I even visit sometimes and bring the baby. My old "teachers" love when I bring her; they say she lightens up their day to see such a beautiful smiling face. Even the principal loves to see her.