Noise [Two]

[Two] 

"Stand there" said the girl, whose name I hadn't even asked yet. She stood with her back to the tall building in front of us and leaned forwards and then backwards slowly.  

"So" I said, trying to be polite and make conversation "D'ya have a name?"  

"Yes" she said plainly, making no effort to carry the conversation. She eyed me suspiciously like I was a dangerous bug that must be squashed quickly. I clapped my hands together and then rubbed them together, both still wrapped up in my gloves, to warm them up.  

"Are you gonna tell me what it is? Or do I have to guess?"  

"Guess?" she said.  

/Blank. Blank. Blank. Blank/  

was all her thoughts were saying. Nothing else. Dog, however, was as annoying as always, jumping up at my side every so often thinking about useless Dog things.  

"Guessing would take a long time" she said "Especially with my name"  

"Well, you gonna tell me so I don't have to guess?" I said. I eyed the surroundings quickly, wondering what the hell we were doing standing outside an abandoned building in the freezing cold.  

"It's Aralyn" she said, after a long pause. She was now hugging herself tightly to conserve as much heat as possible, as was I. It was really cold.  

"Ok" I said "That was what my first guess would of been" there was a flicker of a smile in her face and then it went blank, expressionless, plain again. I focused in on her a little, but I still got nothing from her thoughts. Why couldn't I read her like the rest? 

"Aran..." 

"Aralyn. My name is Aralyn" 

"Sorry, Aralyn? Err, why can't I read you?" She seemed interested by me all of a sudden, but she still kept that glazed look over her features.  

"I'm a reader too Shae"  

"Yeah but why can't readers read other readers?" Dog barked incredibly loud at an oncoming car, which was driving pretty hastily, and I lost my concentration on Aralyn. She came forwards off the building and stood out at the side of the pavement, waved at the car briskly, and then turned back to me.  

"Don't know. We just can't. Everyone knows that" she folded her arms to tell me she was no longer interested in me.  

"Everyone knows it do they?" 

She grinned sarcastically, and then her face went smug and harsh as she stepped out into the road. The car had come to a rolling stop and Aralyn opened the back seat door, revealing a dark interior and posh looking seats. She gestured me to get in but I backed away slightly, and so did Dog.  

"Get in" she said pointing inside the car.  

"What? No way. I don't really know you. You could be kidnapping me" 

"Shae, please just get in" 

"Stranger danger..." 

"Fucking hell" she snapped. I jumped at her immediate outburst and Dog barked at her for being so stroppy.  

/Loud noise. Loud girl. Loud. Loud/  

was what he was thinking right now, and I was pretty much thinking the same thing.  

"Get it. I'm not going to wait for you" She puffed and got in first, leaving the door open for my entrance. Well, I thought, I haven't got much at the home so maybe it wouldn't be too bad if I got kidnapped. Maybe then people would notice my absence. Or not. After a couple more seconds of thought I got into the dark looking car and the door slammed shut on me. It locked, which made me jump again.