Noise [Sixteen]

READ!!!!

Ok, so i know i havent uploaded in a while (real sorry - blame the exams), so here is a reminder of the last chapter (if you really cant remember i suggest going back a chapter or two)

Thanks for being patient and im sorry it's not as long as it should be. Im working on a big part of the story and my brain isnt giving me lemons... so ye!

Happy reading

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noise [Fifteen recap]

Shae lifted his head as if he sensed my presence. His eyes were dark and bruised round the edges and his cheeks were red and painted with blood. His dirty blonde hair lay limp on his face and his beautiful blue eyes looked hollow and dead.

“What have you done to him?” I said, my voice cracking under all the emotion I was feeling “WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?” I screamed and leapt at the man. He held me back effortlessly, but worry lined his eyes “Nothing. I haven’t done anything” I felt hot tears fall down my cheeks, but did not try to stop them.

“What has Joan done?” I said, but the man didn’t answer. He stepped well away from me and waited by the door. I turned and returned back to the window.

“Can I get through to him?”

“No, that’s not allowed” the man said, but I could tell he felt sorry for me. He, unlike most people who worked here, wasn’t so good at hiding his feelings.

“Please” I whispered “I just want to see him”

“You can see him perfectly fine from there” the man didn’t move and didn’t look at me. I glanced around the room and spotted a door, which seemed to lead to the other room. I ran to it without hesitating and tried the handle. The man hadn’t moved, which was because the door was locked. Shae had noticed the bang of the door. He looked towards it as I looked at him. I saw his lips moving, but couldn’t hear what he was saying.

“Please” I said desperately “Let me...”

“Oh, let her David” Joan said as she entered the room. She gave me a glance and then walked to the window. “It’s not like they can go anywhere”

“Yes, ma’am” David said and he walked formally to the door, swiped a card in a complicated looking machine besides the handle and opened the door. I saw Shae’s head snap towards the door. I hesitated for a second, and then went to him,

[Sixteen]

Harley Gordon was Large in height and sort of rough looking. His arms, hidden under a thick leather jacket, hung loosely by his side as he stalked into the pub. His hair, which was dirty blonde, spiked in a peculiar fashion. The air had gone cold. It gave me chills. Harley took a seat at the bar, laying his hands flat on the counter and leaning forward to whisper something into Fray’s ear. Fray glanced at us for a second and then nodded, handing Harley a beer.

“What did he say?” I asked.

“I dunno” Clyde said, his voice barely reaching me.

“You’re a frickin mind reader. Read him” Esaki said, shuffling in his seat. This situation made him nervous, which I wasn’t surprised about.

“All I can hear... Is Shadow. Over and over” Clyde said.

“We need to bounce” Esaki put his hand in the middle of the table “Put your hand on mine”