MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

I let out my breath as a long sigh.

It's probably just nothing. Mom might have dropped it by accident.

But it's awfully quiet and she would've cleaned it by now.

A cold wave embalmed me as the hair rose on the back of my neck.

"Shut up Hazel!" I whispered.

"Mom? Dad?" I shouted.

Silence.

Oh no. This can't be happening. I don't have time now.  

"Honey, we're here." Finally Dad's voice came from the kitchen and I followed it.

Mom and dad were sitting together with dinner on the table. Untouched. Dad forced a smile as I walked in, the color drained out of his face. While mom just sat there, her mouth set in a hard line.

"What happened" I asked.

"Nothing baby girl." Dad replied, faking another smile.

"Nothing?" Said mom shooting daggers at my dad. "She called. And he picked."

She made it sound like it was the worst thing he has ever done.

"And so you threw a glass at him?" I inquired with raised eyebrows.

"No. Not at him. Not like he doesn't deserve that."

"It was nothing. She kept bugging me so I thought I should do something to make her stop." My dad said in his defense.

"Well you should've just blocked her. I don't trust you or her now." Tears shimmered in her eyes.

"If I could go back in time and stop myself from being an asshole, I would."

Who knows. He might. I thought as I just sat there with my arms folded.

"I love you. And I love Hazel. I don't want to be without you. We were a picture perfect ideal family and I ruined it. " His voice trembled and his mouth snapped shut. I knew the tears were soon on the way. "Forgive me please."

"You could've chosen to not cheat. You made that choice."

"And I regret it. I made a mistake. I know I made you suffer. But I'm sorry. I am in no position to ask for forgiveness but I'm so sorry. Every piece of me hurts to see you cry because of me."

My mom went poker-faced. Obviously she did not know how to respond.

"Steward...Do you really mean it?"

"Yes. With all my heart, I do."

"Okay then. I-I forgive you." Said mom as the corner of her mouth quirked up. His eyes lit up.

"Yes finally." I threw both of my hands up and got up to hug mom from behind.

"Thank you Jess." Dad grabbed mom's hand and pulled her forward to place a kiss on her forehead. "I promise I won't let you down again."

"I hope you don't or I promised mom we both would kick your ass." I said while returning to my chair.

Laughter filled the air.

"Dinner folks. Let's eat it while it's still hot." Stated mom as she picked up her folk and knife.

"These steaks smell so good." I sniffed.

"Taste even better." Added dad.

"Who's up for a movie?" Dad announced after dinner.

"Me!" Mom and I said simultaneously.

A horrible night turned into a perfect one. Knowing that there was still one day left, I couldn't sleep much. After a night of tossing and turning, the final day arrived.

I watched as the large glowing sphere rose slowly into the dull morning sky. Fresh windy cool and crispy air started whistling like an invisible ghost. I went to get ready. While I was sifting through my closet, I realized how badly I needed to redo it. When I came back I saw the golden sun sitting in its rightful place among the blue sky. I hope that my day is just as beautiful as this morning.

"Hey beautiful. Ready to get another day ruined while all the other fellows enjoy their break?" Linda said in a sarcastic tone as she entered my mustang.

"As long as I have you, no day is ruined." I smirked. 

"Okay. Who to get fired now?"

I laughed and it sounded more like an evil cackle than an expression of amusement. "Lets skip office today and go for shopping."

Linda turned towards me in shock, "Let's not play with death. Richard feeds on our mistakes and misery. That hungry fella will definitely fire us."

"Come on Linda. Be a dare devil for once. Who knows we may die tomorrow."

"May? Richard's gonna kill us with his bare hands."

"Please. Pretty please." I begged.

"Fine. He'll fire us any way. It's better to regret while wearing Gucci." She snorted.

"Yolo forever?"

"Yolo forever."

Just a few more hours. What could possibly go wrong. I thought. But on the inside I knew that just one second was enough to turn everything upside down. Time barely passed. As if it's wings were broken.

I came back at five. Mom was busy going through magazines. I went up to my room to get some sleep. I always believe in "why take tension when you can take a nap."

Mom woke me up for dinner at about 8 at night. Everything was going pretty well.

I was starring at the clock. Tick tock. Tick tock. And then finally at 12:00 I let out a shriek.

"I did it." I said, almost whispering.

Tears ran down my cheeks as I squeezed my eyes shut. Never have I ever been so happy that I cried tears of happiness. I felt like the luckiest person, on and off the face of Earth. It was definitely a piece of work to stop their divorce.

But that's the beauty of life. You have to struggle for the things you love.

 You have to struggle for the things you love

Author's Note:

Hey everyone :D So the first deed is finally over. Did you guys like it? I'm so happy.

I added this GIF because that is how I pictured Hazel in my mind when she thought that nothing was right and she did not have much time.

Next deed from next chapter. Thank you for your support. Don't forget to vote :)

Also I dedicated this chapter to my sister because she's my biggest support. I'll be dedicating some chapters to the readers who have supported me through out :) They mean the world to me.