your best chance

Lena pushed open Kara's apartment door, the blonde still curled around her body, Lena of course had no objection to the closeness of their bodies. She placed Kara down gentley on the couch, Kara seemed to be in some sort of trance, she hadn't said a word since Lena had decapitated the vampire who had tried to take Kara back to wherever Klaus was hiding, she noticed the blood splattered all over Kara's body, clothes and all, Lena shook of the overwhelming feeling of hunger, she couldn't remember the last time she had fed, but she couldn't loose control here. 

Lena grabbed a cloth from Kara's kitchen, wetting it a little so it was damp enough to lift the blood from Kara's pale skin, which was now even paler with fright. She walked back over to where she had placed Kara on the couch, the blonde hadn't moved a muscle. Lena dabbed the cloth gentley over Kara's cheek, wiping the blood away, she moved to just below her eye where there was a dark red stain. Lena couldn't bring herself to look up at Kara, to see what she was thinking in that moment instead she busied herself with cleaning the blood away, she moved towards Kara's lips dragging the cloth over them, making Kara's loose jaw drop slightly. Just as Lena was about to move away Kara grabbed onto her wrist holding her in place, Lena's body jerked slightly in surprise, her heart racing behind her rib cage. She glanced up to see Kara's warm blue eyes smiling into her own, Lena bit her lip trying to contain the urge to capture Kara's lips in her own. Kara moved in resting her forehead against Lena's sighing deeply. 

"How is it that everywhere you go bad things seem to follow?" Kara whispered, Lena could feel Kara's hot breath against her own lips, if she moved the slightest inch her lips would be on top of the blondes, that knowledge was almost to much for Lena to handle.  

"I don't know" Lena admitted closing her eyes, she was kneeling on the floor now, slotted in between Kara's legs who still sat still on the couch. Kara pushed her forehead against Lena's enhancing the closeness between them, making the whole situation more intimate, Lena thought even a simple human would be able to hear the loud, inconsistent beats of her heart that was searching for Kara's. 

"Why did you send me away with Alex and Maggie? Why did you give us new identities? A brand new life, why Lena?" Kara said, her nose brushing against Lena's, sending shivers down her own spine, oh how she wished that she could be this close to the Hybrid all the time, she used to dream about Lena, about what their lives would be with if Lena hadn't sent her away, would they be married? they could have travelled the wold, started a family, Kara would never tell Lena this, it was to raw, to needy. 

"I was protecting you, I couldn't bare it of anything had happend to you Kara, I wanted to give you your best chance" Lena choked over her own words, she opened her eyes and saw now that Kara's were so close she could see her own reflection in her irises, even with those cute, geeky glasses trapping the blue oceans. 

"I would have died fighting this with you" Kara spluttered, her lip quivering with anticipation, she put her hand gentley on Lena's cheek which was cold to the touch, even though the apartment was a little to warm for Kara's liking. Now it was Lena who was in a trance, as soon as Kara had laid her hand on Lena's white skin, she had frozen in place, unable to break away from Kara's loving stare, her like brain was buffering. "My best chance was always with you" Kara whispered, pulling her forehead away from Lena's, she put her ring finger underneath Lena's chin lifting her head up, and with it her body so they were only millimetres apart. Lena closed her eyes for a second, pushing back tears, she couldn't cry not now, she was meant to be the big strong undead monster not the scared little girl. 

"Kara-" Lena started, scrunching her eyebrows, but before she could finish her sentence, there was a rattling of keys from the other side of the door, Kara jerked her head towards the door, a sudden look of worry tore through her face. 

"You have to go" Kara whispered pushing Lena's body away from her, Lena furrowed her eyebrows in confusion unsure on how to react, she had never been in a situation like this before, she didn't want to leave, that was the last thing she imagined doing. "Go!" Kara, seethed pushing Lena further away again, Lena got to her feet, using her super Hybrid speed she took of out of the window onto the fire escape. she looked in the window when she was safely out of the apartment, she saw that woman that Kara had been in the restaurant with, give Kara a loving hug followed by a shot sweet kiss, Lena turned away unable to watch anymore, it was to painful. she climbed down the fire escape and walked slowly down the New York sidewalk, a single tear rolling down her cold cheek, knowing that she will never be able to have a normal, boring, suburban life with Kara, her life would always been filled with death and destruction and she couldn't put Kara through that, she couldn't bare witness to the light that lived and breathed in Kara's soul being snuffed out by the darkness embedded within herself. 

Authors Note:

Hey guys hope that you enjoyed that chapter and thank you for all the votes, comments and reads it means a lot!