What Now?

Maggie and Alex collapsed on the couch in the living room of their apartment after the nights events, one things for sure they never thought Lena Salvatore would be serving them in a fancy five star restaurant that Lucy picked, of all people. 

"It was her wasn't it, that was Lena?" Alex asked rubbing her forehead, that was beginning to bang after the amount of alcohol she knocked back, she was surprised she was still able to function like an average human being. 

"It was definitely her, I would recognise that bitch anywhere" Maggie groaned burying her own aching head into Alex's chest hoping that would help to make the world spin a little slower. It didn't. 

"Something bad is going to happen again isn't it?" Alex asked, looking down at her fiancee who tilted her head up so they were making eye contact. Maggie chuckled slightly, the movement of her stomach threatening the imminence of vomit, as much as Maggie acted tough, she could not handle her drink at all and neither could Alex for that matter. 

"Always the pessimist aren't you dear?" Maggie said playfully before resting her head back on Alex's chest, closing her eyes. Alex scoffed loudly much to Maggie's dislike.

"You're one to talk"

***********************************************************************************************

Kara half stumbled and was half dragged into Lucy's apartment by Lucy herself, maybe not being able to handle alcohol was genetic after all. Lucy helped Kara over to the couch and sat her down carefully, the couch sat facing a window to the outside world, and by that I mean the buildings fire escape, the TV was sitting daintily in front of the window, not completely blocking out the view. 

"I'm going to make you coffee" Lucy said, taking off her coat and putting it over a stool that sat at the kitchen worktop, she looked round to see Kara was now lying flat out on the premium white couch like a sloth hanging onto a branch. Lucy shook her head, her girlfriend looked so cute and unaware of everything in that moment, when Kara wasn't drinking she was running around like a headless chicken, deadlines this, deadlines that, Lucy understood of course being a Lawyer was a lot like that. Lucy brought over a cup of fresh coffee and pushed Kara into a sitting position before sitting beside the blonde and pushing the warm cup into Kara's tired hands, who smiled sleepily in acknowledgement. 

"T-thank-you" Kara slurred out, she looked at Lucy's perfect face, the freckles that would usually appear in the summer, Lucy hated them she thought they were a curse but Kara thought it was one of her best features. Kara stretched out a wavy finger until it was hovering above Lucy's nose. "boop" Kara said, poking Lucy's nose, making the brunette smile at her dorky girlfriend. 

"I love you Katy" Lucy said sighing placing a gentle kiss on Kara's pink lips, that were beginning to stain with coffee, she was drinking it that sloppily. Kara giggled and pushed Lucy on the shoulder playfully, before leaning her head on the brunettes shoulder, she wanted to immerse herself in the safety that Lucy's presence offered her. 

"I know you do" Kara slurred back, before closing her eyes, Lucy took the cup of half drunk coffee out of Kara's hands, placing it on the small coffee table in front of them. 

***********************************************************************************************

Lena walked down the busy main street of New York, the street lights and neon signs from various clubs lighting her way, she breathed out slowly, the cold air hitting her warm lips, she turned off into Central park, taking a seat on the first bench that she found, she put her hands on her head, shaking it slowly, like she was trying to get a certain image out of her head and that image was Kara with a woman who kept calling her 'babe' meaning that Kara really had moved on, what else was Lena expecting? Of course a high schooler at the very beginning of her life wasn't going to wait for a creature of the living dead. Suddenly Lena felt a presence sitting beside her on the bench, she straightened up looking over at the figure beside her, It was Rebekah. 

"I saw her today" Lena said, Rebekah furrowed her eyebrows slightly, over these past five years they had become thick as thieves, but not so close that Rebekah could read her mind. "I saw Kara" Lena said again, Rebekah slapped Lena's arm as soon as she said the other blondes name, "Ow!" Lena shouted, if Lena was human she would have a broken arm for sure. 

"You promised Lee, you know its dangerous, what the hell were you thinking?" Rebekah half whispered and half shouted in frustration. 

"I know, okay, I know but I just had to make sure she was okay" Lena tried to explain herself but Rebekah was having none of it, she stood up from the bench shaking her head.

"Just don't do it again Lena" Rebekah said, Lena nodded her head knowing that Rebekah was right if she wanted to continue to keep Kara safe she had to stay away from her, it was the only way, "now come on the others are waiting" Rebekah said holding out her hand, Lena grabbed onto the outstretched hand. she only wished that one day she would be able to hold onto Kara's hand again.

Authors Note:

Hey guys I hope you enjoyed that chapter and thank you for all the votes, comments and reads it means a lot!