New Management

"See I told you she wouldn't be long!" Damon said proudly from a old creaky bar stool, in the middle of a bottom floor apartment in one of the many skyscraper high rise apartment buildings in the centre of New York City. Lena walked into the dimly lit, sparse apartment with Rebekah by her side, so close you could mistake them for being conjoined twins, She was smiling through the pain and rage that was trying to break free of her body after seeing Kara happy with that other woman in the restaurant the only thing Lena was able to think about was breaking that snotty, little, brunette's neck in half.  

"Lena what's the game plan here?" Katherine said appearing from behind where Stefan and Lexie were standing, she pushed past them like they were peasants at her very feet. "Because I don't know about you guys, but when you lived in New York during the 1920's it kind of ruins the magic" She scoffed turning to address everyone in the room like she was giving a presidential speech. 

"We have to establish ourselves within the community, that way we can hide from Klaus until we are ready to act" Lena said confidently, although still a little bit distracted by the images of Kara and her new girlfriend that were flowing through her mind. Stefan nodded knowing not to challenge his little sister when she really set her mind to doing something, sadly not everyone in that room had learned that lesson. 

"And how the hell are we supposed to do that?" Katherine moaned, crossing her arms critically at Lena who merely rolled her eyes at Katherine's immaturity. Rebekah stalked forward standing protectively in front of Lena, almost leaning right over Katherine's dainty figure. 

"Try getting a job, that would be a good start" Rebekah practically spat out, putting Katherine in her place, Lena smiled, she always thought Vampires were more like animals than humans when it came to group dynamics. Katherine growled lowly before backing away accepting that this is what was happening and there was nothing she could do to change it. 

"And with that I need to get ready for my new job" Lena said walking hotly past the rest of the group, she hoped this plan worked out, if Klaus and his army of Vampires and other beings of the undead found out where they were hiding away then there lives would be shortened significantly.    

*********************************************************************************************

"Lucy! Where's my other shoe?" Kara shouted from the couples bedroom, she had searched the whole room and still no sign of her shoe and to make it worse she was already late for work, and today was the day she and the rest of the employees were meeting the new CEO of the New York Times. 

"At the door where you left it!" Lucy shouted back through, she was sitting eating a small bowl of cereal on their kitchen island, Kara ran through to the front door showing on her other shoe as fast as she could before grabbing her satchel and opening the front door. 

"Love you!" Kara shouted, before slamming the door behind her, Lucy shook her head as Kara vanished down the hallway, every morning was the same, Kara had a awful habit of sleeping in. 

**********************************************************************************************

Kara ran through the main entrance of the New York Times, she was breathing heavily completely out of breath with her sprint to try and get here on time for once. She saw Winn in the middle of a whole group of other reporters and the like and she walked over trying desperately to catch her breath, Winn smiled as she stood beside him. 

"Katy you're just in time, we're just about to meet the latest CEO" Winn chuckled, CEO's never last long round here they always seemed to move on to something bigger and better at one point or another. Kara nodded crossing her arms, hoping that she wouldn't be one of the unlucky souls who always seemed to get fired with a change of management. Kara began rummaging through her satchel, remembering a article she was meant to give to her superior. Suddenly a woman's voice started speaking, and Kara's heart started to beat faster and faster, she recognised that voice. She jerked her head up and her jaw dropped instantly, the flawless figure of Lena Salvatore stood addressing the employees, her hair falling perfectly over her shoulders that were covered in a tight, revealing Indigo dress. 

"As you may of heard there will be a change of management and that change of management just so happens to be me, I am becoming the permanent CEO of the New York Time and I hope you will all continue to do outstanding work!"  Lena said confidently her eyes meeting Kara's surprised ones through the sea of people. 

"fuck my life" Kara whispered under her breath, unknowing to her that Lena heard every syllable. 

Authors Note:   

Hey guys I hope you enjoyed that chapter and thank you for all the reads, votes and comments it means a lot!