Chapter Sixteen - New Progress

The next day felt like any other.

He woke up, feeling rundown and aching in certain places that reminded him of the occurrences the day before. He groaned, his mind processing slowly as he could barely keep up with the world currently awakening. He didn't move, he didn't really feel like doing anything. He woke up earlier than his alarm -for some odd reason, so the sun was barely making its arrival over the earth.

He took a deep breath, shutting his eyes again and wanting to curl himself up in his thick covers for all of eternity, basking in the warmth radiating from his bed and not wanting to face the crisp morning air. Thoughts of yesterday returned to his snail-paced brain, of course, as yesterday's happenings couldn't be so easily forgotten, unfortunately.

Though he didn't really want to forget, did he?

I can't believe he knows now.. Was all the tired brunet could think in these early hours he faced. Would everything be different between them? He assumed so, but he couldn't be sure. He didn't know if Levi would act like everything was back to the way it was, or treat Eren like a different person.

'Your eyes are beautiful by the way.' The only words that played over and over in his head, he couldn't escape them. He groaned, turning over on his stomach and shoving his face in the pillow beneath him as he felt an unwanted heat traveling to his cheeks. Why do I feel this way..? He didn't know, though ever since the raven's speech yesterday it's all he's been able to think about, his heart beat skipping a bit that didn't go unnoticed by him whenever the occurrence replayed in his head. He always tried to brush it off as anxiety, though.

He started thinking about Levi, he didn't know why but the raven would rarely leave his head at times like this. How he went from just a random school boy, to his savior, to his assignment partner, to his.. friend?

Are they even friends?

Wait.. Partner... Eren turned back on his side, his eyebrows furrowing a bit as he stared at nothing in particular, his eye patch he wore the day before resting on the corner of his bedside table beside him. Partner. Social studies. The project. "Shit." The boy muttered under his breath. He totally forgot about his side of the project. He was supposed to paint the photo Levi captured at the park, but because of what has happened in the past couple of days, with his parents, and the bullies; he hasn't been able to work on it at all, and he only has a few days left.

The groan that left his lips was even louder this time, his arms flinging up and to his face as he rubbed at his tired eyes irritably. "Are you kidding me?" He sighed, the shuffling of the sheets around him audible as he moved about on the bed. Though he jolted in his position and his eyes snapped open abruptly as the piercing ring of his alarm clock assaulted his ears. He mindlessly reached over with a scrunched up face at the irritating noise and smacked his hand over the button to cease its annoying blaring sound, falling back onto the soft bed to sigh once again.

"Eren! Come down for breakfast!" He suddenly heard his mother's voice coming from downstairs, which surprised him slightly, his eyebrow raising. What did she just say? Breakfast? If Eren knows his mom at all he knows that she does not like to cook -mainly because she's terrible at it, and she knows that. In fact, Eren later found out that the dinner she had 'made' a few days ago was actually just takeout.

Nevertheless, the boy sighed, and after a few moments he managed to pull his muscles over the side of the bed and step onto the cold floor. He shivered, wondering why the heater wasn't turned on, then reached behind him to grab his comforter and wrap it around himself, dragging it behind him during his trip downstairs.