Chapter One - New Home

Have you ever wished something would go well in your life for you to just be considered normal? Even if it's just that small, little ounce of hope that pushes you to go further, it's something right? But when you learn that your life can never be the way you want it to, you might think that little ounce of hope you cherished so much finally vanished into thin air, slipping away from your grasp. The thin string that you weighed all of your problems on, the string that slowly broke more and more, it's threads unraveling as you held on to it, waiting to be pulled up. Only for it to snap, letting you drift to the void you felt so lonely in, engulfed by darkness, begging to escape. You try to re-sew the string, hoping it would latch on to something you could depend on, thinking you're the only one suffering with the problems you tried to hide from the world. Little did you know, that no one's life is normal, nor is it perfect.

Eren's POV

I opened my eyes, blinking a few times to adjust to the sudden bright light, I lazily flickered my eyes around the room, or plane, as it seemed, to take in my surroundings. Just as I thought, I was indeed on a plane, a not-so-fancy one either. It felt cramped to say the least. It was quiet, with an occasional whimpering baby here and there, or the sounds of snoring, which made me chuckle slightly.

I looked to the left of me, seeing a small window. Glancing outside, my eyes widened, it was beautiful. Millions of colors, from shades of cherry red, to bright orange, fading into a sweet lemony yellow, accompanied by a light baby blue where the sky was once young, it looked like a fresh newly panted canvas that someone spent years to create, the colors blended so well together, like every detail was perfect and left for all eyes to see. The bright blinding sun was melting into the lit up ocean below, completed by fluffy white and gray clouds that looked like cotton balls, like you could just jump on them and immediately feel like you were in heaven itself.

I turned my head around to the back of me, seeing a shoulder cut raven haired female, my adopted sister, Mikasa, the one I have known practically my whole life, sat in a chair directly behind me. Next to her lay a middle aged man, my father, heavily sleeping with a slight furrow in his eyebrows. The ravenette's eyes were trapped in a book before she flicked her gaze up to me and slightly smiled. "So, you're finally awake, huh?" She said in a soft voice. She set her gaze back down to her book when she heard me hum quietly in reply, I was still quite tired seeing as I had just woken up. I then fixed my eyes on a single chair next to me, in it lay a beautiful woman. It was my mother, peacefully sleeping, a slight smile on her face which I assumed was because she was dreaming. My gaze softened apon her when I saw her eyes flutter open, I guess she heard me shuffle around and engage a short conversation with Mikasa. Which gave her the idea that I was awake.

She fixed her gaze upon me, squinting her eyes and smiling that warm motherly smile that always made my day immediately change for the better when I wasn't feeling well. She then spoke, her voice soft and calm, "My sweet boy.. Good evening, I see you're finally up." Her words spoke with care and love, as she placed her palm on my cheek, and slowly caressed the side of my left eye, "They are just as beautiful as ever.." She mumbled, smiling and pecking a kiss on my eyelid, making me smile back, but then the smile faded, as I reached up to my left eye to feel around, expecting to feel a thin silky material over the sensitive area of my eye, instead, feeling bare skin. My eye patch was gone.