Chapter 41

HARRY'S POV.

I yawn as I pull my keys out of my pocket to open the front door. Recording this album has been completely draining, long hours of focus and creativity mixed with the intense emotional reflection and outpouring has almost been too much to handle.

Once the lyrics and music started coming out of me in California I couldn't shut them off and the complete detox of mind and body turned out to be exactly what I needed. I started to see things more clearly and was able focus on them, I saw her more clearly.

My mouth flies open as I walk into the house and look across the living room that looks like a war zone.

The cushions have been unzipped and flung around the room, the coffee table is upside down and the couches have been tipped over. The TV has been taken off the wall and rests on the floor next to the entire sound system which has been unplugged and dismantled.

I'm so tired that the sight makes me a kind of pissed off but as Liv stands up and wipes her forehead with the back of her hand, I can tell how flustered and disheartened she is by not having found what she is looking for.

She desperately doesn't want to believe that any one of our friends would betray me and although I don't either, the reality of the situation is pretty clear. I bite my lip to stop myself from smiling at how cute she looks, all red faced and cranky and I don't know if I have the heart to tell her that this is all a little crazy.

"I know, I know but I have to make sure!" She huffs, reading my mind.

"Hey, I didn't say anything," I hold my hands up in innocence, letting the smile take over my face.

Her brow creases and when she pouts I'm sure I can feel my insides start to melt. I walk over to her, the distance all of a sudden too much to handle, and link my arms around her waist.

"You're very cute when you're mad," I grin and almost laugh when the creases in between her brows and the top of her nose get deeper. 

"This isn't funny, Harry," she stomps her foot and I almost lose it, only just keeping it together to not make her think I don't take her seriously.

"I know, darling," I say, kissing her crinkled nose, "tell me where to start."

She looks around surveying the area. "I'll start on the records, you go through the book shelf."

I give her a mock salute and I can't resist swatting her on the arse for her demanding little tone.

I start taking my books off the shelf one by one and fanning through the pages before putting it back in its place.

"What are we looking for anyway?" I ask, looking over my shoulder to where Liv is holding her finger to her lips in a silent "shhh". I roll my eyes at her and she raises her eyebrows and purses her lips to give me a scolding look that nearly makes me walk over and fuck her right here on the floor, hidden camera or not.

I raise a single eyebrow at her in warning and I swear I see her shiver.

Slide out, fan pages, push back in. I've been through two shelves of books and my patience is starting to wear very thin. I'm tired and as much as I wish it wasn't true, someone has betrayed me, betrayed us, and it's time we face the facts.

I hear Liv huff as she finishes sifting through the third box of vinyls.

"Maybe you're right." She says sadly.

I'm just about to tell her I told you so when something catches my eye.

There's a book on my shelf that doesn't belong to me and as I read the title on the spine I know exactly whose it is.