Chapter 13

PLAYLIST:

Rhianna - Take a Bow

Beyonce - Irreplaceable

One Direction - More Than This

HARRY'S POV

After leaving Liv in the bathroom I head to the bedroom where Bec is busy throwing everything from the closest that belongs to Dan onto the floor

"We have to tell her he's coming."  I say gently from the door, trying not to upset the woman who is clearly on edge, her anger radiating vicariously through her heartbroken sister.

"I know, just don't want see her hurt anymore."  She explains, "I still can't believe that arsehole!"

"Tell me about it!" I laugh as I watch her tearing clothes from hangers and throwing them into a growing pile.

She stops after ripping down a navy suit with a particularly violent yank.

She stares at me for a moment as if she trying to carefully construct her thoughts when she says, "I can tell you really care about her."

I look down at the floor to break her eye contact as I draw on my hours of forced media training. I compose my face, relax my body, guarding any emotion from being visible and securing the feelings that are so strong they might explode out of my chest at any minute.

"Yeah, of course."  I say calmly with a nonchalant smile.

She squints at me the same way Liv does, not allowing me to break away from her eyes narrowing in on me when she can sense bullshit.  It's as if they try to laser beam the invisible wall down with their gaze.

Just when I think I'm going to cave and confess everything I hear a creak on the floor boards behind me.

I spin to see Liv with a fluffy white towel wrapped around her petite frame, her wet hair sticking to her collarbone.  Her damp skin looks so soft it takes all of my will power not to walk over and touch it. I want to run my fingers through her hair, move them slowly down her neck and over her shoulders past the delicate skin of her clavicle.  Touching every inch of skin that I've dreamt of tasting, caressing, savouring for the past six months.  I bite my lip involuntarily and try to silence my mind.

She cautiously peers around me into the bedroom to observe the mess Bec is currently creating on the floor.

"He's coming here isn't he?" She sighs, putting two and two together.

Bec sheepishly nods at the floor.  I brace myself for Liv's reaction.  Is she going to insist on staying and seeing him?  Is she going to be angry, sad, overwhelmed?

"Ok," she finally says softly, walking to the closet and back out of the room to change into the fresh pile of clothes in her hand.

Minutes later she returns dressed in a loose grey tank and tight black jeans that hug her hips and ass in most alluring way.  She's holding a piece of paper and a black marker in one hand and makes a fist with the other.

She walks to bed placing down the paper and ripping the lid off the pen before she scribbles in big capital letters, "GO FUCK YOURSELF." She opens her closed fist and places the diamond ring he gave her on top.

Her sister and I watch on quietly, our eyes darting across to glance discreetly at each other, both too scared to say anything that could turn an eerily calm Liv into a destructive hurricane.

She walks over steadily to the half emptied closet and pulls out an overnight bag.

"Harry, can I say at your hotel tonight?" She asks evenly with no emotion in her voice and I nod before she turns to Bec and says sweetly, "You have to go home tonight, right?" Her voice full of appreciation for her sister dropping her life at a moments notice and calling in sick to work so she could look after her.

It's Bec's turn to nod as she walks over to her younger sister and wraps her arms around her.

Liv packs her bag quickly and thanks her sister for the millionth time, insisting she doesn't need her to wait for Dan, as I nervously check my watch. 

"Bring some sunglasses," I warn her. "Photographers at the hotel," I elaborate until she nods once in acknowledgement and grabs her Ray-Bans from on top of the dresser.

Bec and I hug goodbye and am thankful Liv is already making her way out the door when she whispers, "Be patient, she'll see it when she's ready." I brush it off with a look like I have no idea what she's talking about it and almost run down the stairs to avoid her seeing though my crumbling facade.