Chapter 30

A/N: FRIDAY TREAT! DOUBLE POST! ENJOY!! <3

OLIVIA'S POV

"Shit!" I curse under my breath, I'm on my hands and knees with my head on the floor as I desperately search under my bed for my missing shoe. I'm going to be late if I don't leave in the next five minutes.

I had been using a dating app that Frankie and Bec said had the "least amount of creeps" on it and I had to admit the whole dating app "game" was kind of fun! Swipe left, swipe right, it all seemed much easier than making small talk in bars every night.

My first date was with a man called Trevor, his profile picture looked nothing like the real life version and I had downed my drink in record time and left faster than lightening, calling Bec on the way home completely put off and a little freaked out.

She had persuaded me to try one more time, reminding me of all the reasons I wanted to be single in the first place and telling me the bad dates are all part of the horrific experience.

Craig was the perfect gentleman, he picked me up for our first date and we had a great casual meal at a bistro down town before seeing a terrible movie about some guy who falls in love with a blind lady after their dogs bring them together.

He was sweet and funny in a shy way and when he asked me out on a second date later that week, promising to never take me to see another movie again, I happily accepted.

"Jesus Toots, are you trying to kill me." Harry says from the doorway, staring at my arse in the air.

I look back at him dangling my missing heel from his index finger.

"Oh my god, you're a life saver!" I say getting to my feet and brushing down the material of the little red dress I borrowed from Bec.

"Where are you going all dressed up?" He asks, playfully holding the shoe above his head as I reach for it.

"Harry, I'm going to be late." I complain, trying to grab the shoe.

"Well, you better tell me quickly then."

"I'm going on a date."

"With who?" He holds my shoe higher in the air as I jump for it.

"Harry, I don't think we should talk about it." I say, giving up and crossing my arms in defeat.

"I wanna know who my competition is and you're not getting your shoe until you spill all the details." He smiles but it doesn't reach his eyes.

"He's name is Craig, he's 27 and he's in IT.  He has short blonde hair and blue eyes. Is that enough? Can I have my shoe back now?"

"How many time have you been out with him?" His tone is starting to get serious.

"This is our fourth date." I sigh.

"Fourth! Do you like him? Have you slept with him?"

"Harry! I'm not talking about this with you!" I yell and he hands me my shoe as he looks into my eyes.

"Better not keep Craig in IT waiting." He snarks and walks out the door.

Our date, like the other three, is simple and relaxed. Our conversation is easy and I thought it was cute when his cheeks flushed when he had to taste test the bottle of wine he had picked, clearly just as uncomfortable with people looking at him as I am.

I felt comfortable when he had suggested going back to his apartment for a cup of tea and to continue talking and I wasn't surprised when he turned away from the teacups on the kitchen bench and kissed me.