Chapter 15

SMUT WARNING!

PLAYLIST

One Direction - Story Of My Life

One Direction - More Than This

Ariana Grande - Into You

HARRYS POV

Two cheeseburgers and two and half terrible in-house movies later my fingers play with her hair, her head and hand rest on my chest as her body leans into mine on the bed, her eyes focused on the screen in front of us.

I keep hoping she doesn't ask me anything about the film because for the past hour all I have been thinking about is how to perfectly preserve this memory into my mind.  I'm trying to memorise how the corners of her eyes crinkle when she laughs at a corny line, the way her foot rubs up and down her other leg without her realising, how she lightly bites down on the edge of her thumb when she's concentrating.

I've been trying to justify kissing her lips, attempting to explain how I feel but I know it's not the right time. I know I can make her happy, I don't want her to see me as a mistake she made when she wasn't thinking straight.

I will wait for her, for as long as it takes.

I sent those exact words to Bec in reply to her earlier text and it's what I should have told her before we left Liv's apartment when she said "Be patient, she'll see it when she's ready." I'm not in denial about how I feel and there's no point pretending in front of people who can obviously see straight through my act.

"Well, that was terrible!" I hear Liv cackle as I'm broken from my trance and look up from her face to see the credits rolling on the TV.

"I think I fell asleep" I lie, as I look down at her smile beaming up at me.

She sits up, peeling her warm body off mine and I've never felt so far away from her.

She stands from the bed, grabs her bag and makes her way into the bathroom. I hear her brushing her teeth and I have to force myself not to follow her in there just to be closer again.

When she comes out she looks fresher and she's wearing an old t-shirt and different pyjama shorts from the ones last night but equally as ugly. She is unaware of me biting my tongue incase I offend her or make her self conscious and I get up to get ready for bed as well.

The hotels king bed is a million times more comfortable than that old sofa bed and I climb in next to her, both of us facing one another into the middle.

"Thank you, Harry" She says softly. "For everything" she adds before I can ask what for?

"You're welcome, Liv." I say sincerely.

"I don't even know what to do next," she thinks out loud, "I don't think I can afford to stay in that apartment by myself.  Maybe I should just move back to London? Hopefully my office can transfer me back?"  She mumbles mainly to herself.

I try to act natural as my heart thumps in my chest and I decide to seize the opportunity presented before me.

"You should stay at mine, I'm going on tour in a week, you can housesit for me until you find somewhere?"  I say a little too quickly, hoping she doesn't notice the desperation in my voice.

"Really?! Oh my god, Harry that would help so much, thank you! I swear I'll try and find my own place as quickly as possible!" She squeals and my heart bursts thinking of her in my house, on my couch watching movies, in my kitchen sipping coffee, in my shower...

"Stay as long as you need."  I stutter trying to get my thoughts off her wet and soapy body before it's too late.

She smiles gratefully at me and we lay like this for a moment before she breaks the comfortable silence.