Chapter 18

PLAYLIST

Demi Lovato - Body Say

Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman

OLIVIA'S POV

"Please, just answer it." I beg him, pulling a second slice of pizza from the box sitting between us.

We are sitting on the floor, me cross-legged while Harry's back rests against the couch, one of his long legs stretched out front of him while the other is bent, his elbow resting casually on his knee as he holds his slice of pizza.

We are almost a bottle of wine down, drinking far too much while we waited for the food to arrive after my failed stir-fry.

I'm used to Harry's phone ringing a lot and there is always a constant stream of text messages and emails coming through but tonight it's been non stop. Kristie has been calling on a loop and he dismisses it each time.

He grabs it off the table and holds down the power button.

I shake my head at him and he picks up the bottle of wine, emptying it into both our glasses.

"You know what's not fair? You know everything about my sex life and I know nothing about yours."  I choke on my pizza at the sudden intrusive comment.

"I know everything about yours because you tell me, not because I ask!" I joke and he pauses trying to remember if I'm right.

"Well, I'm asking." He states matter of factly.

"How was it with you and.. him." He pushes, not wanting to say Dan's name incase its too much for me.

"You can say his name Harry, and it was good." I shrug, trying not to bring on any unwanted emotions from my newly failed relationship.

He narrows his eyes at me, pinching his lip in at the bottom.

"But?" he urges me on as I drag my eyes away from his mouth.

"But, nothing." 

"Oh darling, I know you well enough to know there's a but."

I sigh knowing he's not going to let this go.

"It was good but always.. nice.. and well, I guess, maybe, sometimes, I don't want.. nice." I mumble into my glass, my cheeks burning.

I hear Harry inhale a shaky breath and I stare down at the floor hoping it will open up and swallow me under.

I finally look up at him, his emerald eyes are burning into mine. I can't look away as we both sit there breathing as if the air just got thicker.

"I don't mean anything weird, nothing crazy." I backtrack.

I've never even really admitted to myself that I wished Dan was a little different in the bedroom. I never wanted anything too extreme maybe just a little more excitement.

I only ever mentioned something to Dan once. One night, while we made love I had begged him in the heat of the moment to talk to me. He dismissed it instantly, simply saying, "That's not me, Liv" and I never had the guts to mention anything again.

"You don't have to be shy with me, love." Harry reaches over closing the pizza box and placing it on the table. He swings his bent legs either side of me and scoots closer, grabbing my hand as a quiet encouragement to continue.

I don't know why I'm embarrassed to talk about it. We are both adults and this is what friends do. It's just sex and I know the most explicit details about his escapades that occur almost twice a week.