Chapter 14

PLAYLIST

Drake - Hold On, We're Going Home

Ariana Grande - Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart

HARRY'S POV

Liv is quiet the whole ride to the hotel, her mind somewhere else.  I relay the details of my phone call to my security to her and suggest she get out of the car first, go inside and the guys will come back for me, waiting while I stop for a couple of minutes to talk to the people outside.

We have been photographed a couple of times together, the first time the internet went into overdrive about my "new girlfriend", InTouch Magazine was even kind enough to run a whole story of my past flings and plastered a huge photo of Liv on the pages making sure everyone knew how much of a shock it was that she ISN'T a model or actress.

The fans shut it down pretty quickly and Liv was too grateful of them to question how it was even possible they found her name, other photos of her and the fact she was engaged to the other guy in the photo with us considering all her social media is private.  Since then, they have embraced our friendship unlike the hate the girls I actually date get thrown.  Even the fans can see how fond of her I am and see her friendship as a positive influence on me.

She stares out the window and rolls her lips in concentration, clearing thinking about what is currently happening inside her apartment.

I unbuckle my seatbelt and move closer to her, wrapping my arm around her shoulder as she rests her head on mine.  I close my eyes briefly as the warmth of her body against me makes my muscles instantly relax. 

"I have to call him tomorrow," She says, her voice so small I can hardly hear it.  "I need closure, need answers to questions I have."  She continues.

I rest my cheek against the top of her head and take in a deep breath, not sure if I'm ready to hear the answer to my next question or feel the pain if the answer is a 'yes'.

"Are you going to take him back?" I whisper, the words barely making it out of my mouth and my stomach dropping in anticipation.

I feel her body shudder ever so slightly and I know if I wasn't so physically close to her right now I never would have seen it.  "I can't,"  her voice cracks and I pull away to look at her.  "I couldn't look at him again in the same way after seeing what I saw." she goes on.  Her bottom lip trembles and I wish I could swap her broken heart for mine so I never have to see this sadness on her beautiful face ever again.

I kiss her forehead and my lips burn with the desire to never leave her skin.  I shift back quickly to my seat as the car pulls up and Liv hops out as discussed.  I hear girls scream, "Hi Olivia!" and "Where's Harry?" to her as she smiles politely and says "right behind me!" in the cheeriest voice she can muster before rushing into the lobby.

I find Liv by the lifts when I finally make it inside and I pull out my room key to swipe it over the security reader before punching the floor number inside the lift car.  On the way up I feel my phone vibrate and I cringe slightly when I look at the screen, dismissing the call and returning it to my pocket. 

"You can talk to Kristie if you want, just because I have a miserable love life doesn't mean you have to."  Liv jokes, gesturing to the pocket I just dumped my phone into.

Kristie is an actress I went on a couple of dates with in L.A,  I met her at a party after a mutual friend introduced us saying she was keen to meet me.  She was hot, big blue eyes, long blond hair, amazing tits and she was shamelessly rubbing them against me every chance she got. 

After a few too many shots of vodka and a line of cocaine I found myself pulling her dress up over her hips and fucking her hard on the bathroom counter at the party.  She was eager and it was an easy distraction from the fact the woman I really wanted was at home in Paris fucking her soon-to-be husband. 

When I woke up the next morning with her in my bed my head was swimming with regret.  I planned to make up an excuse as to why she needed to leave but as soon as I opened my mouth she moved down the bed and my thoughts disappeared as she took me in her mouth and my head fell back onto the pillow.

She was meant to come to London to "hangout" while I had these couple of weeks off but I told her not to come at the last minute after Bec called me, saying I had a "family emergency" and I have been avoiding her contact ever since.

"Trust me, mine isn't that great either,"  I tell her honestly as I hit reject on the second phone call.

"I'm pretty sure having sex in Hollywood bathrooms with women THAT hot isn't something to complain about." She laughs properly for the first time in days and her eyes sparkle with the humour I've missed so much.

Fuck, why did I have to tell her every detail of my sex life!  I don't plan to, it always just comes flooding out of my mouth like my body physically rejects the idea of keeping anything from her.  Maybe subconsciously I want to see if it makes her jealous, but it never seems to.  She always just laughs or squeals, which I happen to love the most, pretends to block her ears and tells me how different our lives are.

My phone buzzes again and I look down to see a message from Bec. 

*The fucker is gone, he looked like shit which was funny. You should have seen his face when he saw Liv's note. HA! Thanks for everything. Look after her, I know you will. :)*

"What are you smiling about?" Liv questions, her lips matching the smile on my face I didn't realise I had.

"umm, it was Bec.  He's gone." 

She lets out a little gasp and covers the smile on her face as the lift chimes, indicating we have arrived at our floor.

"What?" I raise my eyebrow to her strange reaction to the confirmation her fiancé has moved out of their home.

"Do you like her? Bec? Like like her?"  She rushes excitedly.

Is she fucking kidding me?

"Are you fucking kidding me?"  I blurt out before I can filter my thoughts. 

"No, Liv, I don't."  All I can do is shake my head at the frustration I feel building up inside me.  Is she really that blind or is she just not attracted to me that much that she can't even fathom that I am into her.

She laughs, blissfully unaware of my internal dilemma and bumps her shoulder into my side playfully as we walk down the hallway to my hotel suite.  Even the short time she has been out of that apartment seems to have helped bring back the girl I know.  I shove her back with both hands and she pretends to splatter against the wall,  I give her a smirk and walk ahead.  She runs after me, her shorter legs trying to keep up with my long strides and her giggle is music to my ears as she tries, unsuccessfully, to trip up my feet with hers before we reach the door.

I grab her around the waist to stop her assault, swinging the door open and throwing her playfully on to the bed as she squeals.  "This is a game you're never going to win, Toots!"  I laugh as she brushes away the hair from her face after bouncing off the mattress, her smile is genuine and breathtaking. 

I pick up the phone and dial room service, looking over to Liv to confirm she wants the cheeseburger that I'm ordering for her and she nods with two thumbs up.  I cheer silently at the little victory of not only making her smile but also getting her to eat which I haven't seen her do in three days.